Main Menu

70 Challenger SE

Started by Timbbuc2, January 05, 2017, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

Getting close to being done, I didn't want to hack up my wiring for my radio and also not change my speakers to go with a modern radio with the vintage ebody look. So with that being said I decided to go ahead and step up to the plate and buy a original 70 ebody Am/FM radio. OUCH that hurt. But I have one. Will be here this week
Get in, I'll drive

Dakota

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on September 22, 2019, 07:22:38 PM
Got her running today. Boy did she sound good. Uploading a video to YouTube and I will post a link here. I am thinking this is the first time in 30 to 35 years since she ran,

Congrats on making some noise!  I'm looking forward to that day on my car project.

Challenger in NC

Looks and sounds great, won't be long.

RusTy/SE

Congrats on getting her running! :yes:
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

Chryco Psycho

:iagree:
AT least you are making progress , always fun when you get it running !!

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Maybe the neighbors won't mind some noise.....!!!  Baby steps are getting farther apart.........growing up............ :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

Timbbuc2

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on October 01, 2019, 01:19:44 PM
Maybe the neighbors won't mind some noise.....!!!  Baby steps are getting farther apart.........growing up............ :ohyeah: :ohyeah:
Neighbors will betting a ear full, while I was running in the cam one neighbor said "Hey did you get it running? "I thought what. Here's your sign .... lol
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

I have one electrical gremlins, my title lamp stays on all the time. I first thought the time delay would cut it off but it dont I bought a new time delay but it didn't help. Any ideas?
Get in, I'll drive

EB3-GranCoupe

I've been away for a while, but it sure looks like it is coming together!!  Nice work!

Timbbuc2

Quote from: EB3-GranCoupe on October 13, 2019, 06:47:58 PM
I've been away for a while, but it sure looks like it is coming together!!  Nice work!
Thanks, but between the flu and a new job have not worked on it for a couple of weeks
Get in, I'll drive

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Hey Tim. Hope you are feeling better.  Crazy weather causes a lot of bad things. Supposed to be 82 here tomorrow!

Timbbuc2

Thanks Dave, much better now. Coming along on my car just got a 70 model am/FM installed. Sounds and looks good
Get in, I'll drive

usraptor

I had an AM/FM in my original '70 Cuda with rear speakers and fader switch.  I thought I was the hot ticket back then.  :lookatthat:  My current Cuda came with a AM 8 Track.  I sent it to re be rebuilt and had them add a port for my I-Touch so I can play my music.  Unfortunately it doesn't have rear speakers and I didn't add any as it is #s car.  However, I did upgrade/replace the three speakers in the dash so it sounds pretty good considering.  :bigthumb:

Timbbuc2

So I have not been working on my as much as I should, doing the grandpa thing, "Baby Sitting". Love the babies but I had forgot how much work it takes. Eat-change a diaper-eat, change a diaper lol.
I did work on my back seat. Cleaned and painted the springs, bought burlap and .40 spring steel for the seats. Waiting for a warm day to put on the seat covers.
Also bit the bullet and bought new rocker panel moldings.  Also bought the plastic clip set, there is a metal clip that goes on the front and I was lucky enough to have the original set.
  But my original moldings gas a hole for a screw in front of the rear wheels, the repop don't have a screw hole. Should I put a screw in it like the original?
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

I used 1" tape as a guide to replace the spring steel wire. Then removed it  after I finished
Get in, I'll drive