Main Menu

70 Challenger (someday)

Started by Kewl_Wheels, January 28, 2018, 10:52:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Kewl_Wheels

That's cool, thanks Morty426

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kewl_Wheels

That torque converter shield looks pretty good with some clearcoat.

So I'm pretty certain I can make this start, move, steer, and stop(Holy Jesus).

I'm gonna need somewhere to do that from so I started looking at the inside while I wait for my  Backup light switch and harness. What's your guys' thoughts on some kind of sound deadening like a DynaMat or other options. just looking at recommendations from those who have and haven't done it.

Morty426

Wow that is a great looking inspection shield - looks like a West Coast part.

I've heard good things about Dynamat but I think Summit Racing might have their own brand that might be a lot cheaper

RUNCHARGER

Check with your local body shop supply as well. We sell two different types and I did my own cars in Pro-Form brand. I don't like that it adds a bit of weight but it quietens down the car a bit. Don't forget to add it on the inside of the doors to take a bit of the rattle out when closing them.
Sheldon

nsmall

This stuff does Not smell.  I liked the customer serivce at this shop.  Have nothing but positive things to say....https://store.secondskinaudio.com/

I can send pics to you.  Or share on this thread.  Just let me know and I will show you what I did.

nsmall

Oh, I recommend putting some sound deadner on the doors and roof, I put insulation on the roof after I installed the sound deadner.  I live in the desert and wanted to reduce the heat coming in.

Kewl_Wheels

I can send pics to you.  Or share on this thread.  Just let me know and I will show you what I did.
[/quote]

Whichever is easier for you would be cool if you don't mind.
Thanks...

Any thoughts on wheels out there.
I'm kind of liking these

Kewl_Wheels

Year ones web site had a 71 to see how they look... I think I like.
And I may experiment with my old 14's

Kewl_Wheels

The park reverse switch showed up... without the rubber seal so while I'm waiting on that to install it and get the exhaust back on it time to learn how to powder coat.
Made a little contraption to open the Spring to blast and spray. That color is pretty close a little dark but it's a Spring and does look pretty darn nice.

Slotts

Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

Timbbuc2

I apply the powder outside when the wind is not blowing, that darn stuff will go everywhere. Also I use a good brand face mask to filter out the power. You are good to go with the oven.
Get in, I'll drive

Morty426

Quote from: Kewl_Wheels on August 26, 2018, 07:11:35 PM
Year ones web site had a 71 to see how they look... I think I like.
And I may experiment with my old 14's

LOL - well that's not really a 71 - looks like a 71 with a 70 hood on it.  71s don't say Dodge on the hood and the blackout is different - typical of Year One to mess it up

anlauto

Here's a 71 with the YearOne wheels...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Kewl_Wheels

Those are the ones.  Do you recall what the sizes were?... staggered front to rear or the same.  And if they bolt right on with no modifications I should just order them now.

Will those front tires clear the fenders with a full turn?

Kewl_Wheels

Anybody think year one could tell me the biggest tires that would fit on their rims in a stock condition. Seeing as, you know, they sell them and all?