Main Menu

70 Challenger (someday)

Started by Kewl_Wheels, January 28, 2018, 10:52:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Kewl_Wheels

No I'm not going with the red... I like the purple with some black so I'm going to get crazy with the plum[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

xx88man

Quote from: Kewl_Wheels on January 29, 2018, 01:26:15 PM
No I'm not going with the red... I like the purple with some black so I'm going to get crazy with the plum[emoji16]

That's cool  8)  8)   I love Plum Crazy and black too!
Keep yer foot in it

Kewl_Wheels

The only 2k primer my local supplier had in stock at the time was yellow unfortunately...  I had to get the bare metal covered.

Jalaska907

Great car and great progress!!!

RUNCHARGER

I agree: You've got some ugly work behind you already.
Sheldon

340challconvert

Just found your cool project!
Fast work in a short time; good for you.
:wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Kewl_Wheels

Been working on it for a while... just recently found this forum and want to share progress photos. Hopefully I'll put up something that may be helpful to someone else's project.

Kewl_Wheels

This 440 was the plan. Very clean inside an a forged crank. I should have kept it.

Kewl_Wheels

Switching from a column to floor shift

wingcarenvy

Nice! Looks like its going to be a really nice driver.

Dakota

You're making nice progress in a relatively short time.   What plans, if any, do you have around adding some frame stiffening like subframe connectors?   I made my life a bit more complicated by deciding late to add the stiffening components.   Everything I used was from US Car Tool - good stuff.

Kewl_Wheels

Quote from: Dakota on February 05, 2018, 03:19:39 AM
You're making nice progress in a relatively short time.   What plans, if any, do you have around adding some frame stiffening like subframe connectors?   I made my life a bit more complicated by deciding late to add the stiffening components.   Everything I used was from US Car Tool - good stuff.
No plans for any frame work at this time. That's some more project I'm not even thinking about... ill probably be happy If it's ever a driveable car I can take down the road.

RUNCHARGER

That 440 would have been a nice fit, so you got rid of it?
Sheldon

Kewl_Wheels

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 05, 2018, 10:52:29 AM
That 440 would have been a nice fit, so you got rid of it?
Yeah it's gone I'll get some pics of why.

Kewl_Wheels

I got a deal on this I just couldn't pass up. I really didn't like those blue rocker cover hold downs so I made a set from 6061 aluminum. When I changed  To a center sump oil Pan I noticed the timing gears and I really didn't want that either so Itgot a nice double roller chain.  Then there is a little modification for the oil pick up... the block was drilled for 1/2"inch pick up so I just modified the one I had.[emoji16][emoji482]