Main Menu

'70 Hemi Challenger (SS/D and SS/DA car driven by Lee Cameron of Sacramento, CA)

Started by HemiStan, January 05, 2018, 02:17:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

tparker

As a transplant to Sacrmamento, that is a cool car. Well, it's cool even if I wasn't living here. Great story and great find.

Personally, I kinda dig that swift dodge racing scheme. With it's history, I'd do that. Talk about High Impact. LOL

E74cuda

Very cool to see the progress. I'm in the Sacramento area and bought parts from Swift Dodge in my younger years. I think I still have a Direct Connection parts book with a picture or two of the car in it.

HemiStan

Quote from: E74cuda on January 03, 2020, 08:58:45 AM
Very cool to see the progress. I'm in the Sacramento area and bought parts from Swift Dodge in my younger years. I think I still have a Direct Connection parts book with a picture or two of the car in it.

E74cuda!   I just re-read your post (work has been crazy....).  That would be extremely cool if you had a parts books with photos of the car!  I would love to see that!

I have come across a few more photos of the car on the internet over the past year.  I will post them shortly!

Stan

HemiStan

floorit426

I remember a '71 cuda, driven by Jim Luscotoff. He came up to me, in Sac, about 40+ years ago, to talk to me about my car. Apparently, he did some work on it, for the previous owner. I'd like to talk to him now, to see if he has any recollections, about my car's early years. I think he still campaigns a SS Mustang.

HemiStan

Quote from: floorit426 on January 23, 2020, 04:04:55 PM
I remember a '71 cuda, driven by Jim Luscotoff. He came up to me, in Sac, about 40+ years ago, to talk to me about my car. Apparently, he did some work on it, for the previous owner. I'd like to talk to him now, to see if he has any recollections, about my car's early years. I think he still campaigns a SS Mustang.

floorit426,

That us pretty cool!   I tried to look up some contact information for Jim a few years ago unsuccessfully.  I think he had an automotive shop in Sacramento but the number I had was out of service.  If you happen to cross paths with him, I would love to talk with him!

Stan

Jason Cameron

Hi Stan,

Are you talking about Jim the guy who helped my grandpa Lee with the car?
My Dad, a couple of Uncles are still in the Sacramento area, maybe they know or have some ideas.

let me know - my email jason.reo@gmail.com

Chryco Psycho

:wave: Welcome to the site Jason !!
Cool to have some family history on the Challenger !

HemiStan

Quote from: Jason Cameron on August 04, 2020, 09:09:52 AM
Hi Stan,

Are you talking about Jim the guy who helped my grandpa Lee with the car?
My Dad, a couple of Uncles are still in the Sacramento area, maybe they know or have some ideas.

let me know - my email jason.reo@gmail.com

Hello Jason!  I will be sending you an email shortly!!  Very cool!  I wold love to gather as much info as possible and talk to anyone who may have memories of the car.

A weird coincidence occurred very early this morning.  Through a random post on FB regarding your Grandfather's '67 WO Race Hemi Coronet, I got into a conversation with Jim's son!  Apparently, he and Jim are restoring that car!  I am going to reach to him as well this week and see where they are progress wise.  It would be amazing to get both cars (and everyone else!) together once they are finished!

Thanks again for reaching out on this site!

Stan

@Jason Cameron

HemiStan

Good afternoon again everyone!  I just had an EXCELLENT telephone call with Jason!  I think that we will be adding more info to this story soon....

Stan

Jason Cameron

Spoke with my Dad (Curt Cameron) who is going to do a little looking around to see what he has on the Challenger. He should be reaching out to you Stan - probably in a week or so. I am also going to look through my storage - I think I have a few things. Will circle back with you soon.

Jason Cameron

Jason Cameron

Thanks - fun to see the car.
Wife and I are looking to get something sooner than later.
There is a 72 challenger down the street from me.

Jason Cameron