Main Menu

71 B5 Cuda 340 4 speed

Started by Shane Kelley, May 04, 2017, 10:09:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 15, 2017, 09:35:19 PM
Nice work. What are you doing with the inner fenders.
Nothing more than you see. It's a factory undercoat car and it was in good shape so I left it on the bottom. Just cleaned it and freshened it up. The fender wells I painted because they are easy to clean and I like seeing the body color behind the wheels.

larry4406

Do you have any pictures showing how the plastic inner fender pieces were notched to clear the US Cartool Fender Braces?

Shane Kelley

Quote from: larry4406 on May 16, 2017, 05:14:27 AM
Do you have any pictures showing how the plastic inner fender pieces were notched to clear the US Cartool Fender Braces?
I see that part of the shield just misses the picture. It's real simple to do. I will get you a pic tonight when I get home.  :takepicture:

CudaMoparRay

Your the 1971 gift that keeps on giving

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Shane Kelley on May 16, 2017, 05:51:33 AM
Quote from: larry4406 on May 16, 2017, 05:14:27 AM
I see that part of the shield just misses the picture. It's real simple to do. I will get you a pic tonight when I get home.  :takepicture:
As you can see I didn't worry about going across the top. That little bit was to weak and would have never held for long. I first tried using tin snips to make the cut. Don't do that. It wants to break instead of cut clean. Use a cutoff wheel or a fine tooth mini saw. I used a cutoff wheel and cleaned it up with utility knife.

cudaragtop

Beautiful Car and Outstanding Work.  :ohyeah:

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

Brads70

Biffielube

Man you are doing a terrific job! That B5 is my favorite color with the black billboards. What brand paint did you use? Keep posting updates.

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Biffielube on May 17, 2017, 09:12:23 AM
What brand paint did you use? Keep posting updates.
Thanks. I used Sikkens solvent base and Axalta 7900s clear. My favorite clear!

Cuda Cody

I've heard a lot of good things about Sikkens, but have not had a chance to shoot any of it yet.  Hope to try some eventually.  Did you have to make any adjustments to the stock formula?

Quote from: Shane Kelley on May 17, 2017, 09:39:35 AM

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 17, 2017, 09:58:43 AM
I've heard a lot of good things about Sikkens, but have not had a chance to shoot any of it yet.  Hope to try some eventually.  Did you have to make any adjustments to the stock formula?

Quote from: Shane Kelley on May 17, 2017, 09:39:35 AM
They don't have any old car formulas. So those all have to be made from scratch. For my car I shot it with the camera and compared to color chip and some original painted areas on my car. It's a good quality paint with excellent coverage. We have been using the brand for 22 years here at the Collision Center I manage. They are more into to newer cars and big into color match technology. Their clear is high solids and has some pretty heavy peel to match the OEM finishes. That's why I didn't use it. I really think most the big name manufactures have a good quality product. Most painters prefer to use what they are comfortable shooting and I agree with that. I don't paint very often so when I do I use the 7900s clear. It just works for me. Base pretty much all sprays the same. As long as the color is correct and it covers good. 

Shane Kelley

Hood is finished. Got the pins perfectly centered in the holes and lanyards on. Scoops installed. Hoping for another productive weekend. Taking Friday off work so I will get 3 full days on it.

Cuda Cody

Thanks for the updated photos.   :twothumbsup: 
:popcorn:

Rev-It-Up

Beautiful!! I love the Mopar neon light shining on the paint.   :ohyeah:
Rev-It-Up

GCragtop

Awesome car - extremely nice detailing.