Main Menu

71 Challenger 440 six pack 4 speed

Started by antonellomopar, October 11, 2020, 03:09:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

antonellomopar

Got the restored carbs  from Scott Smith today, and they are a work of art, as usual.

JS29

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

antonellomopar

now taking out all the glass. Found some hidden suprises in the pass A pillar, under the vinyl top, but nothing else. Have discovered that vinil was installed in window openings first. and then glass was added. My ignorance. Also found out that car had been painted black on the outer body, and then masled to cover the stripes, and then painted orange. Crazy.
Front part of the vinil roof has some markings that can be read on the metal.

R/T's 4 R/P

Nice progress!
It looks like the ink marking on the backside of the vinyl bled, or left an impression. Likely the solvent in the adhesive helped that happen.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

antonellomopar

Work has began on the engine compartment...
Rust has been cut off the inner fender panels, and driver side firewall patch panels is being fabricated from scratch. Of course, some more rust than anticipated....

antonellomopar

Engine compartment sheetmetal work is finished now. Roof has been cleaned and some dents fixed. Next on the agenda is repairing the driver side door hinges and fixing the damage done to the doors trying to open them with the frozen latches. Once doors are hung and new latches work properly, it will time to repair the floors

usraptor

Great work!  :worship: I'm always in awe of people who have the skills to tackle cars like these that need so much rust repair.    :twothumbsup:

antonellomopar

Doors have been repaired from the damage done when they were force opened...having  frozen locks. Door hinge driver side repaired, and doors finally hung and centered in the door openings.

antonellomopar

Getting serious now...front driver floor has been removed, and patch from AMD installed. Crossmembers and mounts have been cleaned and rustproofed. Floor has only been welded in some places, but ready for final welding. Next step is rear driver floor, then passenger side will be tackeled. IN the mentime, old paint gets removed. The car had already been painted in the past, with terrible results.
Grille is perfect, just needs some seriuos cleaning and repaint of center bracket

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

antonellomopar

forgot to post pic of rusted out floor

Dakota

Quote from: usraptor on December 27, 2020, 03:51:36 PM
Great work!  :worship: I'm always in awe of people who have the skills to tackle cars like these that need so much rust repair.    :twothumbsup:

:iagree: It sure looks like you're getting the job done and done right.

antonellomopar

Floors done...now it is time to fix the framerails....
Doors cleaned and checked against quarters...some bondo on them...

antonellomopar

framerails dont look very good