Main Menu

71 Challenger Restomod

Started by MoparJunkie, September 13, 2017, 08:51:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparJunkie

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 15, 2017, 07:54:02 AM
I believe 17 or 18 is your best choice for 2 reasons , there are a lot more tire choices available & you can probably fit 315 wide as there is less sidewall bulge

I agree, I'll likely be able to find more sizes in 17s or 18s. I think I'll try to just stick with 17s and see whats in that size first. Hmm so a 315x45x17 might fit huh..... Well if you know any good wheel venders that can support a tire like that (17x10 etc) let me know.

MoparJunkie

Big update, I've decided to switch gears and sell my 71 challenger (after paint and body work are 100% completed). I bought a 2015 Hellcat 6MT with 928 original miles on it, and decided my 71 must go. So here in awhile (Likely spring), I'll be selling my challenger and all of its parts.

If anyone is interested please let me know. I'd like to sell everything to one person, but that likely won't happen, so I am willing to part the entire car out. Can someone please tell me what my rolling chassis 71 challenger is worth fair price all body work done, 2014 High octane red pearl paint, US Tools stiffening kit. Eventually I will start a for sale thread (Again likely in spring time), with lots of pics, etc. Until then, lots of my parts I'm selling will be a Dana 60 (From a 69 1/2 super bee 4.10 gears), fresh 440 stroked to a 500 bored 40 over with lots of goodies, fresh 727 with stage 2 shift kit, extra 71 front grill, plus numerous brand new in box parts (Starter, alt, MoparDave 1 speaker dash pad, and lots more).

I'd be willing to give a discount to someone who wants everything. If not, then then I can sell it all separate. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will update as needed. Otherwise, a for sale thread will be started once the car is fully painted. The 71 is originally a L code 383 2bbl GY9 dark gold. I have 2 build sheets and the fender tag.

Thanks!

Kris Page

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 13, 2017, 10:17:56 PM
Super cool!  Love the color.  Kinda reminds me of Rev's old Challenger.

Then @Rev-It-Up  should buy this Challenger  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparJunkie

Quote from: anlauto on November 27, 2017, 09:36:42 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 13, 2017, 10:17:56 PM
Super cool!  Love the color.  Kinda reminds me of Rev's old Challenger.

Then @Rev-It-Up  should buy this Challenger  :alan2cents:

@anlauto

Any estimated guess as to what a fair price would be for my challenger, body/paint work done just a rolling chassis (No motor, trans, interior). I can include some extra parts it came with when I bought it (Grill, dash, cluster, seats, etc).

anlauto

I don't really know the modified stuff...I would think somebody should be happy to pay $15K-$20K for a car they don't have to paint, but I guess it all depends on the quality and whether or not you find somebody wanting that unique colour. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

MoparJunkie

Quote from: anlauto on November 27, 2017, 06:28:36 PM
I don't really know the modified stuff...I would think somebody should be happy to pay $15K-$20K for a car they don't have to paint, but I guess it all depends on the quality and whether or not you find somebody wanting that unique colour. :dunno:

Thanks! That's about what I'm figuring it will go for (I know just off hand I have well over 15k invested into the body alone). I have plenty of pics showing the body work if needed (They are in this thread as well). Not worried about selling it, I think I'll find someone who loves the color.

dave73

MoparJunkie

Quote from: dave73chally on December 12, 2017, 08:22:07 AM
You took the easy way out  :rofl:

Not sure about that it was a tough decision for sure! I hate to see my 71 go, but I've wanted a Hellcat since they came out. I hope my 71 finds a good home!

RUNCHARGER

Probably in the ballpark. Your build is not off the wall either so I think there should be a few people interested in it.
Sheldon

303 Mopar

Seems like a lot of the hard work has been completed, just assembly left.  I need a bigger garage...... :bricks:

MoparJunkie

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 16, 2017, 08:43:23 AM
Probably in the ballpark. Your build is not off the wall either so I think there should be a few people interested in it.

I agree, I try and keep things tasteful, lol. There are a few non oem things on this car, but overall this car was very solid not too much rust in it. Had to get new front/rear valance and trunk lid. The biggest parts that are NON original to this car is the US Tool Stiffening kit, the T/A spoiler and the color (Which is way nicer than GY9). If someone wants to they could change stuff, but honeslty I just need to find someone who loves this red as much as I do! The pictures don't do it justice, it's a gorgeous color.

MoparJunkie

Quote from: 303 Mopar on December 16, 2017, 08:50:39 AM
Seems like a lot of the hard work has been completed, just assembly left.  I need a bigger garage...... :bricks:

It was a ton of hard work indeed! Most definitely the toughest part about a build is body and paint. This car started out very solid too, most of its original sheet metal was still in great condition. Just assembly left like you said! I will post more pictures once the body and paint are fully done in the spring. Until then I started a FS thread for my parts and the challenger. So you have until spring to get more garage space!  :rofl:

nsmall

Any chance you can get it running?  I'm thinking a running car with as many parts as possible installed will be more attractive.

Maybe try your luck on eBay, get some exposure?  Maybe try carsonline.com....Alan likes that site.  Good luck.  I like the color.

anlauto

If he gets it running, he might as well finish the whole car...kind of defeats the purpose of selling it as a project. :alan2cents:

RzeroB

When bailing out of a project like this it's tempting to try and dump the whole enchilada as a discounted package deal, but financially you would probably get a better return on your overall investment if you have the time and patience to part it out piece by piece.  :alan2cents:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)