Main Menu

A.G.A.R. 1970 Barracuda Convertible.....IMPORTANT UPDATE !!

Started by anlauto, May 18, 2017, 03:04:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Well the guys at Neil's Autobody have had the car three weeks now and are really cranking it out....The body work is finished and they are now blocking it out and working on the FC7 spray out....Should see the first coats of colour by the end of the month..
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

While they were busy doing their thing....I got busy this week with the motor supplied by Erik...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Just got the 90* oil filter adaptor today from member mccannix  :twothumbsup: so I'll get that painted and installed next week...

GCragtop

76orangewagon

Great work as always, did 340's come stock with the 90 degree oil filter adapter or were they added later for convenience in oil changes ?

anlauto

Quote from: 76orangewagon on January 19, 2019, 06:12:51 AM
Great work as always, did 340's come stock with the 90 degree oil filter adapter or were they added later for convenience in oil changes ?
Well you tell me.... :o

JH27N0B

I know it's not an OE restoration or original 340 car, so it doesn't matter much, but weren't 340 fuel pumps not installed yet when the engines were painted, therefore not orange?
Also dipstick handle should be black?
Those are several details I learned when restoring my T/A.
I did an oil change and replaced my oil filter last fall, for the first time since finishing the car.  I don't recall having so much trouble replacing it's oil filter on it back in my younger days.  Horizontal up above the torsion bar and exhaust, I had to borrow a real long extension and metal oil filter end cap socket tool from my buddy to get it off, what a pita! Made me appreciate the big block oil filter location even though it pours oil on the K member when you remove.

anlauto

You're probably right....I never said anything I do is "correct"....I just do it they way I like it. :twothumbsup:

I will change the dipstick handle, that was an oversight on my part...I usually do them black.

76orangewagon

Since I am doing a 71 with the center dump manifold and a short oil filter I should have room, I see where the long oil filter give you clearance issues. 

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cudajason

Quote from: 76orangewagon on January 19, 2019, 08:46:22 AM
Since I am doing a 71 with the center dump manifold and a short oil filter I should have room, I see where the long oil filter give you clearance issues.

You will not need to the 90 degree adapter with those manifolds.  I run those manifolds and have no issues.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

anlauto

I have no idea....I'll head that way tomorrow and see.

anlauto

Okay, so today I visited the body shop. This is a new shop I'm using, they painted one red Challenger convertible for me last year and it turned out nice so I thought I would send Erik's car there.

Last year, I never really went to visit their shop to see their process, so I was kind of confused with the order in which they do things.

So all the body work was done and blocked out and primed in the previous pictures...Today I was surprised to see purple, especially on the shell, because the majority of the shell, under the hood and such wasn't in final primer yet.

So they told me that ALL the purple I see today is only what they call their "colour block coat" it will all be block sanded off and then used as a base for the final coats of FC7  :idea:  The reason they did only the quarters and doors is because it's much easier to remove the doors and tape off only the quarters when finishing the rest of the shell :huh:

Anyways...this is why I let the body shop guys take car of the body work ....I really have no idea :looney: I just want to see the finished product and I'm not too worried how they get there !

I like the rims Tony  :)

anlauto

Not sure how they're going to fit on that Mustang door in the first picture... :haha: