Main Menu

A.G.A.R. Not an E BODY

Started by anlauto, July 01, 2021, 04:02:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Wow...can't believe it's already been two weeks since getting the car back from the body shop....I guess time flies when you're having fun :banana:

Here's another Thursday night update....
Got the dash in and all the electrical finished, made all the AC hoses and completed that system, got the Nu-Relics power windows installed and almost got the top frame installed, but I was sent the wrong top cylinders, hopefully the correct ones will be here Monday...With the windows in, and the car sitting on it's wheels I can do the final adjustment to the doors and install the strikers etc...

Other then that, it's almost coming to a point where it will be "out of my hands" ...I'll need to send it out for the top to be installed and a custom fabricated exhaust to be made...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

....and of course, what's a car without a matching T-Shirt  :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cudajason

looks very nice.

Will we see it at Moparfest?
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

Quote from: Cudajason on May 12, 2022, 06:04:07 PM
looks very nice.

Likely in the building... :lurking:

70rag383

that is super nice Alan! can't wait to see it at Moparfest. Love the Goodyear tires. Ok Nitto tires.  :ohyeah:   

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on May 12, 2022, 06:05:52 PM
Quote from: Cudajason on May 12, 2022, 06:04:07 PM
looks very nice.

Likely in the building... :lurking:
Hmmm. Might be able to see one of your cars in person this year.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Not much to report, yesterday marked three weeks, the driveshaft arrived from SilverSport...super fast on that  :worship: got it installed, fluids topped up and the car is now at the upholstery shop getting the new top installed...

Here's some out in the sunshine for the first time pictures... 8)

Jocigar

:clapping:  I was afraid to look at your next up-date ....as I go at snails pace  ::)

Looks awesome !   you lost me on the 392 billboard however.  Maybe if they used a better font not so rounded  :dunno:

anlauto

Quote from: Jocigar on May 20, 2022, 10:31:45 AM

:clapping:  I was afraid to look at your next up-date ....as I go at snails pace  ::)

Looks awesome !   you lost me on the 392 billboard however.  Maybe if they used a better font not so rounded  :dunno:

I designed the billboard myself, so I'll take all the criticism. The "3" is identical to the 340 billboard, and the 9 & 2 were what I thought was a pretty close match to the same font.... 

it could be worse...I could have copied what Grave Yard Cars used  :barf:

Jocigar

Sorry for the unsolicited input   :-X   

Did the original 426 hemi cars have 426 or hemi on the billboard?  would it be inappropriate putting hemi on it if the 392 is also one ?   I understand the point of making it reso-mod however, so i'll shut up.

I saw an episode of Detroit muscle where they did a cuda for Dana white UFC owner.   They made a UFC billboard but at the end of episode it said 440.. guess he didn't like it.

anlauto

Hey, I enjoy ALL the input, it's nice to see members actually click on my threads and comment....good or bad I'll take it all.... :)

Of course 426Hemi cars had billboards that said "HEMI" but that, like "HEMICUDA" hood emblems, seemed all too simple for this build...I was trying to be a little creative  :dunno:

soundcontrol

Looking great! I wish I sometime get to testdrive an e-body with that kind of suspension, on my Challenger I decided to go with upgraded stock, but I'm so curious how
the overall drive feel would be with coils. Tempted to do this on my Barracuda when the time comes to restore it.
Give us a report when it's done Alan!

anlauto

Member @70rag383 drives his Challenger convertible on coil suspension a lot, maybe he'll chime in... :lookatthat:

70rag383

Quote from: anlauto on May 24, 2022, 05:31:49 AM
Member @70rag383 drives his Challenger convertible on coil suspension a lot, maybe he'll chime in... :lookatthat:

I have a Control Freak front end with adjustable Viking coil-overs and a 4-link rear with Viking coil-overs.  Steering is manual rack and pinion. The car handles very well but the coil-overs give it a very stiff ride. I live in Toronto where the city streets are horrible with a lot of potholes and uneven road surfaces so I like to find smooth, winding country roads to really enjoy the ride.   

moparroy