Main Menu

A.G.A.R. This just in....THE END !

Started by anlauto, December 05, 2020, 01:26:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Cooling system finished. :banana:

I was able to hide the water control valve along with the heater hoses inside to cowl....All I did was turn the outlets on the box upward and drilled holes in my block-off plate. ... remember I move the box over to the right about 8".  Still plenty of room for the factory glove box too :bigthumb:
Also the AC lines inside hidden the wheel well....My plan is to paint all the silver tubes black...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Added bearing...So I restored the steering column today...Because we're running rack & pinion steering, I thought it was a good idea to add a second bearing for more support....The B & A Body lower column bearing fits right in the E Body column...just drill a couple of holes to secure it with the bolts supplied....
The double D rod will get cut to length once I get the front suspension and engine in place...

anlauto

Got my "Amazon" emblems mounted on my Tommy The Chryco shaker bubble/grills :twothumbsup:

anlauto

Because I'm installing Dakota Digital dash which is "backlite" I decided to get rid of the factory lights in the light bar....May be slightly over kill for a part that's not really seen....
I thought I would at least start which a standard light bar and not the elusive rally dash light bar....

Shoooter

Looks like you are enjoying the welding projects Alan. You are doing more on this project than normal.  Looks good

anlauto

Yea...for sure...This is something that I would have just taken to the idea to Keith Sim and let him knock it out...For me, it's a learning experience, and fun too....However, I will be invoicing a lot more overall labour hours on this project then on a regular restoration... :bigmoney: Something I made my customer well aware of up front...

anlauto

Still waiting on the suspension, so I'm messing with everything else. I got the firewall reinforcement plate modified, the brake booster mounted and hooked to the pedal, the proportioning valve mounted and all the lines made....This car will certainly re-assemble pretty quick after it's painted...

anlauto

This morning I replaced the mangled lower rad support with a new AMD piece, this way I could actually test fit the rad. Fits great ! Got all the AC lines in place with the fenders and the two wiring harnesses are finished with the AC wiring along with the electric fans and the halo lights...last picture is of the fender with NO more antenna hole... :)

70vert

surprised you didn't go with a hydro-boost, I sure like the looks & performance of mine!

anlauto

70vert

Ah, instead of pulling vacuum from the intake and having a big canister it uses a device that runs off of the power steering pump. It has a small vacuum cylinder that provides enough for ~4-5 break pedal pumps in case the power steering belt comes off. It is great if you have a big cam or just can't get enough vacuum. Not the best pic, but all I've got for now.

Quote from: anlauto on February 27, 2021, 03:46:15 PM
I don't know what that is exactly ?

anlauto

Quote from: 70vert on February 27, 2021, 05:49:34 PM
Ah, instead of pulling vacuum from the intake and having a big canister it uses a device that runs off of the power steering pump. It has a small vacuum cylinder that provides enough for ~4-5 break pedal pumps in case the power steering belt comes off. It is great if you have a big cam or just can't get enough vacuum. Not the best pic, but all I've got for now.

Quote from: anlauto on February 27, 2021, 03:46:15 PM
I don't know what that is exactly ?

Oh, thank you that's very interesting.... :thinking:  It will have to be considered "next time" for sure, thank you :drinkingbud:

SRT392

Alan,   Master Pwr Brakes also has a stand alone Electric vacuum pump as used in some Tesla's. expensive but works and will out last the car.  i was looking at it for an issue with wife's Mustang but solved the problem.. Pn AC9001K. take a look its cool...

anlauto

Quote from: SRT392 on February 27, 2021, 07:37:57 PM
Alan,   Master Pwr Brakes also has a stand alone Electric vacuum pump as used in some Tesla's. expensive but works and will out last the car.  i was looking at it for an issue with wife's Mustang but solved the problem.. Pn AC9001K. take a look its cool...

:haha: I did a quick search of that part number and the first link was Walmart.... :haha: some guys are lucky they can buy their parts at Walmart  :looney:

Interesting idea though  :twothumbsup: