Main Menu

A.G.A.R. This just in....THE END !

Started by anlauto, December 05, 2020, 01:26:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

Thanks Alan, much appreciated. Those wheels look sharp.

Swamp Donkey

What's in those rockauto boxes?  More voodoo magic like when you had the car standing on its side with no traces of support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

ebodyproducts

Great job Alan. Keep up the good work.

E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

ebodyproducts

If you lived close to KY I could send you some work.

E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

anlauto

Quote from: Swamp Donkey on April 15, 2021, 08:45:26 PM
What's in those rockauto boxes?  More voodoo magic like when you had the car standing on its side with no traces of support?

Just a empty box... 8)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Quote from: ebodyproducts on April 16, 2021, 12:15:26 AM
Great job Alan. Keep up the good work.

The body and paint work is being done by Saunders Customs, I can't take the credit.... :stop:

I totally envy all the guys on here that do their own body work, even painting their cars in the driveway and they turn out great....that's some real talent there :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Body work is moving right along....
Still looking for tail panel reflectors and a wide seam vinyl top  :rubeyes:

Swamp Donkey

On the last picture, is all the bare metal just to the left of the shock tower because you had to do some notching of the frame for an oil filter, alternator or ac compressor?  Or is it just bare for the fun of it all?
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

Quote from: Swamp Donkey on April 22, 2021, 12:48:23 PM
On the last picture, is all the bare metal just to the left of the shock tower because you had to do some notching of the frame for an oil filter, alternator or ac compressor?  Or is it just bare for the fun of it all?

It's not bare metal, likely just filler or primer :rubeyes: ....but YES, as per @303 Mopar's build thread I trimmed back the frame rail there for added alternator clearance. It was nice to use his thread to do little details like this long before dropping the motor in for the first time. :worship: :drinkingbud:

anlauto

Picked this up from the powder coaters today, turned out nice....Now I've got something to assemble while waiting on the body shop :banana:

anlauto

@Blake@diyhemi.com  you should scroll through this thread and let me know what you think about my first attempt at installing a crate 392 into an E Body...Challenges with installing PCM and fuse box inside the car instead of in the engine compartment....figuring out the AC system and how to mount the 70-71 Shaker, etc... etc...
I would love any feedback or opinions on how to do things better, easier, more efficient ..... I get the feeling this won't be my last :D

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: anlauto on April 27, 2021, 05:51:14 AM
@Blake@diyhemi.com  you should scroll through this thread and let me know what you think about my first attempt at installing a crate 392 into an E Body...Challenges with installing PCM and fuse box inside the car instead of in the engine compartment....figuring out the AC system and how to mount the 70-71 Shaker, etc... etc...
I would love any feedback or opinions on how to do things better, easier, more efficient ..... I get the feeling this won't be my last :D

Looking good! I see you employ many of the trucks I use in our builds, so I can definitely see you have been really doing your homework. Thumbs up sir!

Two pieces of advice that may help you out in the future.

1. The tanks in tanks are beautiful, but the fuel pump noise is loud. I recommend getting just the foam insert from an aeromotive phantom efi fuel kit and insulating the pump sending unit before going in. It greatly reduces fuel pump noise and gives added protection from fuel pump starvation. When I Autocrossed my car last with the standard tanks in setup like that, the fuel slosh starved the pump on 2 of my runs, killing my time on those passes.

2. Instead of doing the notch for alternator clearance,  buy the alternator for a 2006-2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 5.7 or 6.1. It mounts in the same location, but different bolting flange. It gives additional clearances needed, without notching. Also it doesn't take a special accessory belt, same belt as the car setup because pulley center lines are the same.

Keep up the great work, I will be following!

We have a YouTube video on the alternator swap https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJ2_q_8q0R_r9P2BchvK6mvboE3jHoy6x
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

BFM_Cuda

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on April 27, 2021, 06:22:01 PM
2. Instead of doing the notch for alternator clearance,  buy the alternator for a 2006-2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 5.7 or 6.1. It mounts in the same location, but different bolting flange. It gives additional clearances needed, without notching. Also it doesn't take a special accessory belt, same belt as the car setup because pulley center lines are the same.

Keep up the great work, I will be following!

We have a YouTube video on the alternator swap https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJ2_q_8q0R_r9P2BchvK6mvboE3jHoy6x

Great tip, thanks Blake! Glad I didn't notch the rail yet....    :cheers:

SRT392

Swamp Donkey

Interesting info on the alternator. 

1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.