Main Menu

A.G.A.R. This just in....THE END !

Started by anlauto, December 05, 2020, 01:26:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

...and the heart of the beast....This assembly is 100% ready to go....just lift the car and roll right under...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Marty

Swamp Donkey

How comfy are those seats?  Or have you sat in them yet? Did you modify the brackets?  I need details!!!!  Haha
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

I haven't really "sat in them" yet...I did have the bottoms mounted in the car when working on the tracks. They come with brackets that I had to modify to fit in an E Body...I'll see if I get a minute tomorrow to take pictures. :takepicture:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Smallblock340

Great project! Impressive pictures from the body shop and 392 Hemi. :twothumbsup:
Nice to see this e-body coming to life :popcorn:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

dodj

Looking good Alan :bigthumb:

How did you clean up the ashtray interior? Mine looks like crap from smokers in the 70's.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Tony 73

Fantastic, the body , the dash, the beast of an engine, WOW.  :ohyeah:

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on May 20, 2021, 04:13:41 AM
Looking good Alan :bigthumb:

How did you clean up the ashtray interior? Mine looks like crap from smokers in the 70's.

Just sent it out with other parts to be glass beaded, then used a spray bomb to paint it. TONY offers a nice properly plated replacement ashtray, but that wasn't too high on the priority list for this type project.

Shoooter

Silly question but does a radio delete car still get the dash center speaker or is it a different dash pad?

Looks great

anlauto

Quote from: Shoooter on May 20, 2021, 05:53:54 AM
Silly question but does a radio delete car still get the dash center speaker or is it a different dash pad?

Looks great

They use the same dash pad, but there's a carboard block-off plate where the speaker goes under the speaker grill, and of course no antenna hole in the fender. :bigthumb:

anlauto

Quote from: Swamp Donkey on May 19, 2021, 04:20:43 PM
How comfy are those seats?  Or have you sat in them yet? Did you modify the brackets?  I need details!!!!  Haha

@Swamp Donkey The Cipher seats come with their own simplified seat tracks which is nice. After inspection, I realized they are almost the exact thickness of the originals, which lead me to my idea for modifying the inside track to fit the E Body floor. I simply removed the bottom section from a factory E Body track by drilling out the rivets, then I welded that to the bottom of the new track.

Once the new tracks were bolted up to the bottom of the seat, a quick measurement of the square four bolt mounting area of the new seats compared to the factory holes in the floor I determined the E Body pattern was larger in both directions. I dealt with this by making new "tabs" with studs welded to them located outboard and forward and aft of the Cipher location, to match the E Body location.

Once the outer track was mounted, then I lined up and welded the lower section on to the inside track.

ONLY DOWNFALL of the new Cipher tracks is that there is no left or right, so the control lever for moving the seats is on the same left hand side on both seats...Meaning it's closer to the rocker on the driver's side and closer to the tunnel on the passengers side  :dunno:

These new seats also recline which is a nice feature :bigthumb:

Swamp Donkey

Cool.  Do they tilt ahead for easy access for passengers in the rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

YES, but not quite as far as a stock E-Body seat...no fat chicks in the back...sorry

Swamp Donkey

Haha.  I can handle that. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

blown motor

I notice on the pictures of the gauges and switches that the top and bottom silver lines don't line up on the gauge and switch bezels, the gauge bezel being higher by about the thickness of the line. My 74 is the same way. Were most of the dashes like this?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel