Main Menu

Dynacorn 6000wt project

Started by Jay Bee, January 30, 2021, 09:11:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JS29

:iagree: You will think you are in a different car!   :bigthumb:

anlauto

Well, at least the back half anyhow...  :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Just FYI, the front half was done in the mid 90's

I am so lucky the first shop never got there hands on it and it's were it is now. Another friend in our local Mopar circle is waiting for my car to be done so his 69 Coronet gets in for new 1/4's (at least). Another "gang member" is taking his freshly painted '68 slant six Valiant home next week. That's the one I was waiting on to come off the hoist.

anlauto

Quote from: Jay Bee on February 10, 2021, 02:11:42 PM
Just FYI, the front half was done in the mid 90's

"The 90's" was 30 years ago... :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

BIGSHCLUNK

Hey John, I see things have ballooned just a tad.  :unbelievable:  Good to see that your making good progress tho  :bradsthumb:

Jocigar

:popcorn:

It looks like they are moving along quickly and efficiently.   

I have been told the wheel tubs are important part to have in good shape on verts.    I dont think they offer new sheetmetal for that? ... looks like it did not slow these guys down  :twothumbsup:

Jay Bee

Quote from: Jocigar on February 11, 2021, 07:30:37 AM
I dont think they offer new sheetmetal for that? ... looks like it did not slow these guys down  :twothumbsup:

Nope, not available.
The going joke in the shop is, as soon as Al finishes fabricating the second one AMD will come out with theirs.

YellowThumper

In to follow this now.
Plenty of "solid" work now.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Cudajason

Glad to see that you are making some progress!

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

jimynick

Looking good John, but I hope the lads didn't weld in those wheel houses without fitting the 1/4's to them. I also used AMD wheelhouses and they fit like "poo poo" and required lots of screwing around, banging and clamping to get in the hole. I know these guys know what they're doing, but it's easy to get tricked with these cars, hence the "heads-up". she'll be a grand ride when they're done my son!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

From what I understand, they're doing all this work without touching the original quarter panels.....at least that was the plan :dunno:

jimynick

Quote from: anlauto on February 12, 2021, 03:23:26 AM
From what I understand, they're doing all this work without touching the original quarter panels.....at least that was the plan :dunno:
Aaahhh! That turned the light on for me Alan; thanks!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Jay Bee

They have it slid up in there (please @jimynick don't go there).
Some positioning/finnessing and the welding begins.

RUNCHARGER

Oooh: That's looking nice again.
Sheldon

anlauto

I hope they swap out the spare tire bracket for the correct convertible one  :bigthumb: