Main Menu

Kevin's JS23U0B Project

Started by 7E-Bodies, December 08, 2020, 12:58:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

The grill seems amazing and seems to prove the car spent decades inside, even a considerable amount of time in a warehouse where a previous owner had worked. One spot under the left headlight that I think the bumper will hide fairly well, but I may be able to rub some of it out.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

7E-Bodies

Heater Box awaiting restoration. It seems to be in fairly good shape. Haven't opened it yet. Will be seeking advice on heater core rebuild/replace when that time comes.

xx88man

Everything appears to be in great condition. You have such a cool car there and LOVE the U code cars!
Keep yer foot in it

7E-Bodies

Here's some of the radiator that appears original, I think. Will be looking for suggestions as to reconditioning places and whether to improve it's functionality to insure better cooling.

JS29

Bob at Glen Ray, Better looking than new. @Radiatorman    :yes:

Dakota

Quote from: JS29 on December 14, 2020, 12:02:46 PM
Bob at Glen Ray, Better looking than new. @Radiatorman    :yes:

:iagree:  They did my heater core.   Excellent work. 

7E-Bodies

@JS29 hopefully @Radiatorman replies. I'd send him my heater core and radiator simultaneously. Thank you.

Radiatorman

More than happy to do the radiator and heater. Give me a call sometime.

Thanks guys!
Bob
restorationradiators.com

7E-Bodies

K frame resto in prep for motor shop completing 440 build. Wanting a place to secure it for trucking it home. Skid plate had dents and gouges.

7E-Bodies

Finally nailed down a perfect F8 match with BCCC PPG Deltron line. This spray out card has 3 coats of base, 2 coats clear. Zooming in on the labeled pic shows it best as camera angle and light glare made it tough to get a good pic. All in all I'm ELATED! PPG had no formula for F8 in the Deltron line, only Omni and it wasn't even close, so cross reference wasn't possible. Our outstanding local PPG shop worked with me until perfection was met. Great people and Aaron refused to give up. What a hurdle! This color has a chameleon effect that astonishes me.
For the record, I'm following the write up from @Cuda Cody to the letter as chemicals have changed completely since I painted cars in an autobody in the early 80's. I have to say I was at my wits end trying to get to this point.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

Picked up my K frame from a local family powder coat business and am delighted. The only part of this project where I told a guy he didn't charge me enough and actually paid him extra. Great guy, great work, nice shop.

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

Cuda Cody

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.