Main Menu

LedPhoot's '73 Cuda (she’s alive)

Started by ledphoot, May 06, 2018, 12:52:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Trunk used a different key , there is a fix for that also , I recall the Caravan back door lock used the ign key but will not fit the Cuda with the offset lock  .
you can at least have the doors & ign on one key  :bigthumb:

1 Wild R/T

The area ahead of the tank is tight, I could bring my car by & let you look at what I did but I'm catching a flight in the morning... If next weekend works for ya LMK....

ledphoot

Would love to meet you and have a look at your ride. Next weekend is perfect. I believe we have each other's numbers but will message you like just in case.

ledphoot

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 08, 2019, 08:15:45 PM
Trunk used a different key , there is a fix for that also , I recall the Caravan back door lock used the ign key but will not fit the Cuda with the offset lock  .
you can at least have the doors & ign on one key  :bigthumb:

Good to know. I will probably use electronic actuators etc anyway so the doors matching is good enough.

Thanks again for the awesome solution.

:)

Chryco Psycho

ledphoot

Decided to take some things apart to be able to do a better job on the firewall / vintage air install...

Fun day laying dynamat etc. I am certain the floor is solid so we are proceeding...

ledphoot

and does anybody else think the vintage air firewall adapter plate is cheesy as hell? I'd pay more for something a bit better sorted out that this thing.. LoL.

JpRngr

Quote from: ledphoot on March 03, 2019, 10:37:43 PM
and does anybody else think the vintage air firewall adapter plate is cheesy as hell? I'd pay more for something a bit better sorted out that this thing.. LoL.

Yeah, I welded up the hole and am running an adapter that has the hoses coming out in line with each other.

RUNCHARGER

We sell Billet Specialties stuff at work to work with the Vintage Air stuff. Most of it is geared to Hot Rods/GM types.
Sheldon

YellowThumper

You are not alone.
With the other car makes the bays are usually black. Cheesy blends in. But with car color bays it stands out like a sore thumb.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

ledphoot

Hindsight is a real pain...

There are a number of things I would have done differently with this car had I been involved from the beginning.. 1) I would not have painted the car F8 Green, I love the color, BUT, this was an A5 Silver Frost car and I would have painted it the original color. 2) I would have kept all the little bits and pieces together and not let them get lost at the body shop. 3) The floor would have been cleaned / stripped / painted rather than covered in POR15. I have a little bit of regret doing up the car the way I have, when you consider how few '73 340 4-speed Cuda's with AC were produced. A5 Silver / White interior.. What a cool combo of a car, unfortunately I do not have the stomach to recolor the car back and I am too far down the path I am on to go back towards stock.

So she is what she is.. My Siq-Fish... :)

Chryco Psycho

It would be killer in A5  :cooldance:

ledphoot

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 04, 2019, 01:02:24 PM
It would be killer in A5  :cooldance:

Yeah I remember what it looked like in that color... My brother has a thing for green so when he got the body / paint done he decided to color change it to F8... I decided to decode the fender tag the other night and of course it showed the color so I looked at pictures and was like DAMN IT! That car looks sharp in Silver Frost... If I ever go through the car AGAIN, I will probably Color Change it back.. but that will have to wait, I want to drive it, no wait another year or two to get it back together.

This is a pic of one with a black vinyl top that I think looks sharp.. My fender tag shows A5 / A5, so all silver, no vinyl.

RUNCHARGER

I'd leave it for now as well. Get some enjoyment out of it.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Wow I would be very tempted to respray it !!