Main Menu

My Sons 'Cuda Video and VLOG Gear Recommendations

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, September 08, 2022, 08:35:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

Thanks to everyone here on this forum and all of the people I have been speaking to - my 13 year old son and I have been getting a crash course in e-body "correctness".  He and I have been discussing quite a lot the history of auto making, the broadcast sheets for e body cars and how amazingly some (like ours) are reunited with their car 52 years later.  Also been watching a TON of great documentaries like "Mr. 4 Speed" (highly recommend checking it out) and discussing what to do with our '70 Cuda project.  I have been letting him drive the process, and we are in agreement back to original with as many original, restored parts as possible is the way to go.  That being said, he is a creative kid and loves film and photography.  After a recent discussion about cost vs. investment and OEM parts vs. aftermarket and doing something for the joy of it rather than for the money, he disappeared for about an hour and sent me this video he made:

I am sure this proud papa thinks it is much cooler than it may be, but I loved the idea of how he tied his commitment to the project - I am glad to be sharing these moments with him as I have many fond memories of wrenching with my Dad and brother on our '40 Ford when I was a kid.

On another note, he now wants to start a YouTube channel to document the details of our build.  I think it is a great resume builder and want to support him and could use some advice on what some of you are using for cameras / mics in some of your videos?  We want to use something that will produce good content on a budget.  Thanks again allModify message
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....