Main Menu

Saving a 71 340 vert

Started by MikeMikeMike, October 05, 2017, 05:03:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Crocha617

Yes congrats ! That thing has come a long way since it left my driveway. I can't believe it's been 7 years already.

anlauto

Quote from: Crocha617 on September 21, 2018, 11:20:12 AM
Yes congrats ! That thing has come a long way since it left my driveway. I can't believe it's been 7 years already.

Can't believe I didn't buy it...

How about stand back and take some pictures of the whole car done :veryexcited:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MikeMikeMike

Thanks!

Yeah, I looked it up and it was about 6 1/2 or more years ago we met in your driveway. Time flys when you're having fun and this build has been My fun and therapy ever since.

I expected to run into a few road blocks but it was pretty smooth sailing all the way through to the engine run up. I was shocked and was expecting something to go wrong at every point in the process. No leaks, no smoke, no odd noises... I'm always suspect when things are going too well. It's still a little way from being done but I'll include a shot or two from today. Still have to align the doors, install billboards, rear markers, inner doors, trouble shoot the steering pump, install the proper alternator when it arrives, install the wiper motor when it arrives, swap out wheels and tires, fix some wiring in the lights, and on and on the list goes... but we are a LOT closer than a week ago!

If it didn't go on and on I'm afraid I'd get bored ;)
'71 Cuda Convertible 340
'71 International Harvester Scout II

YellowThumper

Wow  :banana: congrats on finally reaching the fire up point. That should be a huge motivation bump.

Mike
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

MikeMikeMike

Aside from a list of issues and things yet to be completed, she saw sunlight for the first time in about 4 years this week! I even drove up and down my street for a little test ride. That yellow really pops out on a bright day  :lookatthat:

I'm still dealing with electrical, and the still mia wiper motor, and this winter the doors get aligned, paving the way for the billboards and completion by the spring.  :fingerscrossed:

Its been a long road but one I've enjoyed and on par with the length of my last restoration.  Some before and after photos that I've been comparing for fun...

'71 Cuda Convertible 340

MikeMikeMike

And the paint in the sunlight...
'71 Cuda Convertible 340

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

RUNCHARGER

I love the before and after shots. Give yourself a pat on the back.
Sheldon

anlauto

Looks really sweet Mike, wish I had of bought it.... :crying:

Topcat

Looks Nice!

And you have a Scout II.

I miss my old Scout.  :'(

MikeMikeMike

After a couple months of shake down she seems to be running pretty good. Having fun with it and driving it to local meets and ice cream with the family. Mission accomplished. Just finished a detailing before the largest show I'm likely to attend this summer; the Budweiser plant show in Merrimack NH if anyone in the area is planning on attending, see you there.
Mike
'71 Cuda Convertible 340

MikeMikeMike

Some recent pictures....
'71 Cuda Convertible 340

MikeMikeMike

'71 Cuda Convertible 340

anlauto