Main Menu

SIlver 572 with red guts.

Started by cordodge, May 15, 2017, 02:03:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: cordodge on December 22, 2018, 09:10:40 PM
Yes I am Brad, Would like to meet up with you guys on the Thursday for sure, Just a question once we get to the hotel we obviously drive back and forth each day? I'm kinda hoping there will be enough room for a truck and trailer there.

Carlisle has secure trailer parking right on the grounds :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: cordodge on December 22, 2018, 09:10:40 PM
Yes I am Brad, Would like to meet up with you guys on the Thursday for sure, Just a question once we get to the hotel we obviously drive back and forth each day? I'm kinda hoping there will be enough room for a truck and trailer there.

Yes lots of room for trailers, huge parking lot.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/5401+Carlisle+Pike,+Mechanicsburg,+PA+17050,+USA/@40.2410823,-76.9824253,384m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c8c294922f2eed:0x8029504a4614b2d7!8m2!3d40.2408946!4d-76.9817097

cordodge

Thanks guys, That will make it much easier for sure. What time do he cars start rolling out in the evenings each day.

Brads70

Quote from: cordodge on December 23, 2018, 07:25:02 AM
Thanks guys, That will make it much easier for sure. What time do he cars start rolling out in the evenings each day.

Usually around dinner timish? Parking lot almost turns into a Mopar car show!  :)

cordodge

Convertcuda

How is your car running? I just got my 572 from Tim about 5 weeks a ago. Going to install soon.

Ken

cordodge

Quote from: Convertcuda on December 25, 2018, 05:06:10 PM
How is your car running? I just got my 572 from Tim about 5 weeks a ago. Going to install soon.

Ken

Hey Ken, yeah it runs great. No issues, zero leaks/drips of any kind, runs cool a little thirsty but that's expected. Tim installed a very small solid cam easy on the Valve train so it runs like a hot 340 really. Could have went a lot bigger cam wise but took Tims advice and glad I did still crazy power and torque will light up the tires in 3rd gear no problem lol. I'm sure you will love yours as well

Convertcuda

Great, are you running an o2 sensor for tuning. What was torque and horsepower? I'm trying to get everything hooked up on mine.

cordodge

No sensors, Tim tuned it on the dyno and it is running great. 700+ and similar TQ number. Glad I took his advice on the smaller cam it's very mild mannered but there still a beast in there, I'm sure you will love your as well. I put maybe 5/6 hundred miles on it so far and have changed to fluids in everything last spring so hopefully put some more miles on it this year.

Bruce.

Convertcuda

Great to here. Mine was tuned on the dyno also.  I'm excited this beast in the car also.

Ken

jimynick

Did I miss something here Bruce? I thought the car was done when you had it at Moparfest in '17, no?     :huh:  Ian
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

cordodge

Quote from: jimynick on January 16, 2019, 03:11:58 PM
Did I miss something here Bruce? I thought the car was done when you had it at Moparfest in '17, no?     :huh:  Ian

Haha, yes it's done. Well they are never really done lol

Bruce

Convertcuda

Hi Tim,

What accelerator cable did you end up using on your car? Looking to get one but needs some details to get correct one.

Thanks Ken

cordodge

Quote from: Convertcuda on January 20, 2019, 06:29:41 PM
Hi Tim,

What accelerator cable did you end up using on your car? Looking to get one but needs some details to get correct one.

Thanks Ken

Well mine is a single carb using the Barton intake, I had a few cables laying around and used what was best. Was also thinking of using a Lokar cable as well.

Bruce

Convertcuda

Thanks. My 21.5 cable is too long. Looking for a shorter cable now.

Ken