Main Menu

SIlver 572 with red guts.

Started by cordodge, May 15, 2017, 02:03:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cordodge

Well changed all  the fluids in the car couple weeks ago and filled it up with some 100 octane low lead from the airport, Took it for a drive and it really likes that fuel the exhaust tips are grey and also has a great smell. Found out I have a small issue with the driver side signal light as it pops the fuse every time I use it, Never started to hunt down what it could be but hopefully its just minor.

YellowThumper

:bigthumb: for the update.
Fingers crossed bulb issue is simple.

Mike
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

RzeroB

Hey Bruce, do you think you might bring your beastie out to Carlisle this year?
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

usraptor

Quote from: cordodge on May 13, 2018, 04:04:52 AM
Well changed all  the fluids in the car couple weeks ago and filled it up with some 100 octane low lead from the airport, Took it for a drive and it really likes that fuel the exhaust tips are grey and also has a great smell. Found out I have a small issue with the driver side signal light as it pops the fuse every time I use it, Never started to hunt down what it could be but hopefully its just minor.

Our local Sinclair station sells 100 octane at the pump.  My 512 Stroker runs great on it!   :banana: :stayinlane:  Stopped and filled the 'Cuda today: $5:50 a gallon!  :bigmoney: :unbelievable: :o

one bad fish

Quote from: cordodge on May 13, 2018, 04:04:52 AM

Be careful with LL100 airplane fuel. Your motor will love it however I found out after running it in numerous high horsepower (400 hp) snowmobile engines (Yamaha 4 stroke) it really gums up the valves/pistons - lots of carbon deposits (like hard grey shit) and effects the running of the motor over time. It's ok to use as a race fuel if you plan to tear down the engine and do an inspection at the end of each season however prolonged use on a street engine won't be good in the long run. I found that I would have to tear down sled engines after 3,500 or so kilometers of hard mountain riding to clean the top end.

cordodge

Thanks for the info, I mix it with 91 high test just trying to give it a little boost.

cordodge

Quote from: RzeroB on May 14, 2018, 06:26:36 PM

Well I would love too, all depends on work of coarse. I should know more when it gets closer. Would be great to see as I have never been and there looks to be a lot of awesome cars that show up there.

RzeroB

Quote from: cordodge on May 15, 2018, 02:44:24 AM
Would be great to see as I have never been and there looks to be a lot of awesome cars that show up there.

If you do show up it will be hard to miss you with your unique color combo ... and ground shaking rumble from that FHO 572!!  :banana:

It would be one heck of a debut!!  :lurking:

Hope you can make it ...
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

cordodge

Quote from: RzeroB on May 15, 2018, 08:16:21 AM
Quote from: cordodge on May 15, 2018, 02:44:24 AM
Would be great to see as I have never been and there looks to be a lot of awesome cars that show up there.

If you do show up it will be hard to miss you with your unique color combo ... and ground shaking rumble from that FHO 572!!  :banana:

It would be one heck of a debut!!  :lurking:

Hope you can make it ...

Haha, thanks RzeroB. I appreciate the kind words and I am hoping I can pull it off. I have never been there but always see the picture's of some awesome cars from that show.

Chryco Psycho

It would be great if you can make it out  :bigthumb:

Convertcuda

Hi Bruce,

Just checking if ever posted the video by Tim? When your designed to run pump gas or higher octane? I see that you where mixing and just wanted to find out more? Also, did you have any issues with the motor mounts or adjustments you needed to make?

Thanks Ken

cordodge

Hey Ken, Funny you should ask I was talking with Tim last week about the video and he said he was mailing out the disc this week. He is a busy guy but he said he would get it done. I will post when I get it.On the fuel I do normally run 91 Esso supreme and it works just fine but wanted to try and mix some 100 octane with that since it is easy to get ahold of and I didn't really notice a difference running wise but the tips are a nice grey color now. No issues at all with the motor mounts or the install but I am running an Alterkation front end, 2-1/4"TTI headers. Everything fit as it should, Tim did use an milodon external pickup low profile 8 quart pan that has lots of clearance.

You running a Hemi Ken? Also I'll check your restoration thread if you have one going, I like seeing other guys progress and ideas.

Bruce.

nsmall

Just went through your 36 pages at cc.com, WOW.  It was a long journey, but you made it.  How many miles have you logged?  Hows the road runner looking?

cordodge

Thanks nsmall, yes long journey with some bumps along the way but yeah I am glad it is complete. I probably only have maybe 150 miles on it if that because I never got it road worthy till late Aug last year and then I had lots of fall turnarounds (work) the rest of the season, and again this spring, Should have a few more on it soon.

Unfortunately I sold the roadrunner when the engine issue came up, I had to stop the bleeding somewhat, Did not want to do it as it was pretty much ready for my paint guy but not much I could do. I am now looking at getting something else as the Challenger is done and my hands are idle and a little bored. I am really thinking about a 65 Satalite / Belvedere but if something else came up I would look at it for sure.

Thanks,

Bruce.

RzeroB

Bruce, I was just checking the show parking at Carlisle and I see that there is a premium display spot reserved just for you!!  :vipermanhiding: 
Cheers!
Tom