Main Menu

SIlver 572 with red guts.

Started by cordodge, May 15, 2017, 02:03:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cordodge

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 03, 2017, 09:02:07 AM
Maybe look inside the carb and change the fuel filter too. It could have some dirt past the fuel pressure gauge.

Yes I will check but it runs great before it acts up not sure, chryco told me to change the wires on the dizzy but would I have to rest the timing?

Chryco Psycho

nope timing should be the same if it was running well before

cordodge

Well after pretty much going though everything electrical, my buddy suggested removing the carb and blow it all apart and clean and blow it out, I feel like an idiot runs great now, must of picked up some dirt but man it sure seemed like an electrical issue. thanks everyone for the help and ideas. I think I was so frustrated I was not thinking straight. hopefully it stays ok.

Bruce.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Brads70

Here's to hoping the next issue is rear tire replacement!  :))  :cheers:

( just discovered we have no burnout emoji )

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Chryco Psycho

unny how fuel & ignition can fool you both can cause similar symptoms ... I think I mentioned fuel issue a few posts back too  :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

I was thinking fuel because he said it ran and then it would quit. I've had that before when dirt holds back until under pressure then it flows into an orifice/screen and plugs it. Ignition would have been something that got warm and quit (maybe coil or pickup). There's a reason I have no hair, I am surprised any car guy does have hair.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

Congrats!

Enjoy the fruits of your labor as it turned out beautiful.

:banana:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Of course I was going to say fuel all along :P :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cordodge

Thanks guy's,  yeah a few mentioned it could be fuel but I would have bet the farm on electrical and was fixated on that I guess. That's why I love this site, great people with alot of experience at the tip of your fingers  :worship:

303 Mopar

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 03, 2017, 08:07:08 PM
There's a reason I have no hair, I am surprised any car guy does have hair.

I still have hair but between raising 3 boys and my cars, it is turning more grey everyday.   :bricks:

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: What little hair I have left is grey. Actually I think my love of old cars keeps me somewhat young and motivated though.
Sheldon