Main Menu

St. Louis Blues Cuda

Started by Filthy Filbert, September 14, 2021, 04:40:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Filthy Filbert

Ok, resized photos...maybe that was my problem?

They say they'll be done this week.    Looks like I'll be scheduling a trip to northern Georgia soon!

Filthy Filbert

Unibody is done and back home as of last week!   Here's a round of update pictures that The Installation Center took during the course of their work.

Filthy Filbert

Seriously...what is wrong with this website??!?

I keep trying to post pictures, and when I hit submit, it goes to a blank white screen and stalls out.  hitting back or refresh just wipes it all out.   I've closed the window, reopened the window, switched browsers...    It's gotta be on the site's server.   

anlauto

Little pet peeve of my own, but it drives me nuts when I see people blast and prime stuff without removing everything....I see in the last picture it still has some floor pugs in there... :pullinghair: ahhh craziness :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Filthy Filbert

They did a good job at removing everything, must have just missed those 2.   I got a box back with all the little bumpers and clips and stuff that they removed.  And since that panel ended up getting replaced anyway.... :dunno:

Sure wish I could post more pics....  I can seem to post text only no problem. :pullinghair:

Filthy Filbert

Filthy Filbert

Lets try posting pictures again...

the rear underseat pan was found to be swiss cheese after blast and came out.   Passenger side front frame rail was discovered bent as well.  Originally I was ok with cleaning up the poorly patched section and keeping the rail but once it was discovered to be bent, off it came as well :bricks:

Filthy Filbert

inner structure pics  -- floor pans, inner fenders, firewall/cowl etc.

Filthy Filbert

Home stretch, external sheet metal going on.

Filthy Filbert

And some pics I took after I got home

They patched in my original body stamping as well.   Even though a prior owner drilled right through the ones on the core support for a larger radiator

Filthy Filbert

Before y'all ask, I asked them to leave the tunnel unfinished (console brackets, etc)   I'm going Gen 3 with a TKX transmission, so I'll handle the console brackets once I figure out what needs done to the tunnel to fit the trans.   That's what some of the pieces in the trunk are.. sections of original trans tunnel with the brackets still on them.

anlauto

For the TKX you'll need just the factory 4 speed hump.

Car looks fantastic... :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: anlauto on August 22, 2022, 10:10:34 AM
For the TKX you'll need just the factory 4 speed hump.

Car looks fantastic... :drooling:

Thanks! it's definitely a breath of fresh air to be over the "body work hurdle"   --I know there's substantial amount of body work yet to go, but at least having all fresh exterior metal outside of the fenders, header panel, etc. then there should be minimal amount of block sanding required.

Now onto the drivetrain before I do final body.   

@anlauto   Do you know what the best fitting mounts/headers are for a Gen 3 6.4 hemi and a TKX trans?    I assume if I go all Holley then there's no issues with fitment?   What about TTI?   TTI seems cheaper, marginally.   They offer ceramic coated, but not stainless headers?  Holley has stainless headers that are around the same price as TTI headers, but TTI offers just engine mounts for half price of the engine/trans kit that holley has.

anlauto

No, sorry I don't....I'm a newbee at this Gen III stuff, and I've only ever mounted them on an aftermarket front suspension from RMS. I've never tried mounting one on a stock K frame  :dunno:

dodj

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on August 23, 2022, 08:09:55 AM

What about TTI?   TTI seems cheaper, marginally. 
I don't think I've ever seen this phrase before..."TTI seems cheaper"

Just went through the August pics. Amazing..down to a skeleton, then back to looking like a car again. For the average DIY'er that would have been at least a year..probably three.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill