Main Menu

Trunk Work

Started by Michael_B767_ATP, January 06, 2018, 11:31:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi Everyone,

The trunk is just about done. Just waiting on the lid jack instruction sticker.

Dakota

Cuda Cody

340challconvert

Nice RT SE
Trunk is nicely detailed
:1place:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

usraptor

Very well done.   :twothumbsup:    Do you restore the tire inflation bottle or buy a repo?

Roadman

Saaaaaweet.    :perfect10:

RUNCHARGER

Hey: That looks like it's 1970.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

LinceCuda

Looks great very nice job!!! :cheers:

IRON MAN

x6. Nice job! The trunk/deck lid lies nice and flat. What brand trunk seal did you install?

HEMICUDA

You trunk looks great.  There is another reproduction bottle available that is much closer to original than the one you have.  Neither on is exact.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Cuda-Challenger-space-saver-tire-canister-AAR-TA-HEMI-FREE-SHIPPING/222643160951?hash=item33d6910777:g:t4UAAOxy69JTELXJ&vxp=mtr

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi,

The can I have is full, I'd rather try and find the can label and replace it. The mat I picked up from REM.

Thanks
Mike

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi,

This is an original replacement bottle that you would have bought to replace the factory one that came in your new vehicle. It is full and weighs more than 1.5 lbs. Has original three knurl impression on bottom, that was formed during the manufacturing process.

Mike

HEMICUDA

Quote from: Michael_B767_ATP on January 08, 2018, 07:17:24 PM
Hi,

This is an original replacement bottle that you would have bought to replace the factory one that came in your new vehicle. It is full and weighs more than 1.5 lbs. Has original three knurl impression on bottom, that was formed during the manufacturing process.

Mike

Did someone tell you that is a Chrysler factory replacement?  I don't think so, it's a bottle from "who knows where" with a reproduction label put on it.  I was just pointing you in the direction of a bottle that looks way closer to correct.  If you're looking for a functional bottle so you can inflate your very expensive space saver tire and ruin it, there you go.

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi,

I was told this is an actual replacement bottle from the 70s, why do you believe it is not an actual replacement bottle and a fake?. As far as swapping the can for the correct sticker, I'm not going to do it, as you also point out... That label not 100% correct either, so why change to an empty can with an incorrect label when I have a full can with an incorrect label.

The number one question I hear at car shows (some from the JUDGES) is this "Is that can full", I can now say yes it is. As far as filling the tire and using it, "I WOULD NEVER USE THAT CAN" nor would I "EVER" drive on that tire, so "NOTHING" is going to get ruined.

Anything happens to my baby when I'm on the road I'll be calling a flatbed tow truck for her return home.

Thanks for the advice.