Main Menu

TX9 AAR OFFICALLY FINISHED & CLOSING THE THREAD

Started by HEMICUDA, October 19, 2018, 06:51:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

moparcar

Quote from: HEMICUDA on October 20, 2018, 05:16:09 AM
I have several gallons of real organosol I refuse to use because keeping it clean is impossible.  This is my answer, base/clear, texture and flake added to the paint that I can clean.  The base is SEM with flattened clear, two coats of each.

May I ask what texture and flake you add to the base? Looks great!

Wes

HEMICUDA

Quote from: MoparCar on October 20, 2018, 07:03:43 AM
Quote from: HEMICUDA on October 20, 2018, 05:16:09 AM
I have several gallons of real organosol I refuse to use because keeping it clean is impossible.  This is my answer, base/clear, texture and flake added to the paint that I can clean.  The base is SEM with flattened clear, two coats of each.

May I ask what texture and flake you add to the base? Looks great!

Wes

Here's what I do Wes, I mix a total gallon because I do so many cars.

1 gallon of black SEM trim black.  (Similar to base because it's not catalized) https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEM-Products-39141-Trim-Black-Auto-Body-Paint-for-Trim-Components-1-Gallon/362177323037?epid=1239826875&hash=item545373601d:g:4L0AAOSwvD5aTAsR:rk:16:pf:0
1.5 containers of House of Kolor flake #UMF02 (Mini flake) https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOUSE-OF-KOLOR-UMF02-1-500mm-ULTRA-SILVER-MINI-FLAKES-3-OZ-UMF02/332151797202?epid=626366482&hash=item4d55ca35d2:g:jk8AAOSwax5YxFRK:rk:3:pf:0
3/4 of the bottle of PPG DX1999 texture

The clear is Classic #86104 mixed 5.5 to 1 activator #86104. https://www.ebay.com/itm/XL-FLAT-CLEARCOAT-GALLON-WITH-QUART-ACTIVATOR-X-L-86001-86104/331861608333?hash=item4d447e478d:g:DlMAAOSw~AVYsRLu:rk:5:pf:0
  If you pull the tec sheet, the amount of activator will determine the amount of sheen of the clear.

I posted the ebay auctions so you can see what I get from my local pro shop. 

moparcar

@HEMICUDA
Thanks for your recipe. I agree it's nice to have something that can be cleaned. I sure appreciate your sharing your knowledge!

Wes

HEMICUDA

Moved from the assembly area to the booth under its own power for the first time for the organosol, that will be  done this morning.

HEMICUDA

Here's where all the body/paint magic happens.

HEMICUDA

Here is my assembly area, separate from the body shop so it's always clean.  That 70 Duster you're looking at is a customer car being picked up in the next couple days.

HEMICUDA

Warehouse and storage side, 15,000 sq. ft. total.

Aar1064

Oh my. I can't wait to see this car when done. I want to see it now. Wish I had a time machine but unless you're a billionaire, that's impossible so I'll have to wait.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

HEMICUDA

Two coats of base, putting on the 2 coats of satin clear next.

HEMICUDA

JH27N0B

A black AAR or T/A is near the top of my dream list!
The only black AAR I recall seeing was at MCACN a few years ago.
Any chance you are going to display yours there?

nsmall

Thanks for sharing the pics.  You got one heck of a shop HEMICUDA.  Keep sharing pics of that AAR.

RUNCHARGER

Thanks for sharing. Very nice.
Sheldon

xx88man

Thanks for sharing pics and information Mike.....that will come in handy! I can't wait to see the finished product! Beautiful car!
Keep yer foot in it

HEMICUDA

Notice the correct two piece rotors, there was enough meat left on the originals.  The pistol grip shifter is "new", notice how dark the shifter grips are, all reproduction grips were to dark and shiny.