71 B5 Cuda 340 4 speed

Started by Shane Kelley, May 04, 2017, 10:09:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

You have to be so proud of that car.  Really top notch work.   :clapping:

Shane Kelley

Quote from: anlauto on May 05, 2017, 07:16:40 AM
Do you do all your own body and paint work ? If so.... :worship: WOW :wowzers:
I manage the Collision Center.  Prior to that I was a body man. Running the shop allows me to do my cars here on the weekends. I do all own work. Body, paint and mechanical. I usually have a restoration going on with other cars besides mine also. Helps finance my personal projects. Currently building a 69 Formula S 383 4 speed car for a friend. Super nice build also. I posts progress pics on my Facebook page.
Thanks for the complement!  I have always taken pride in my work.

cudajunction

I may have drooled a bit on the keyboard.  Really nice work on a beautiful car.  Thanks for taking and sharing all these pics!

Shane Kelley

Dash restoration

Cuda Cody

Your work is very impressive!!!!   :bravo:

ec_co

that is some damn nice work!!
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

RUNCHARGER

I think these cars will last almost indefinitely when restored like this car. An original car probably had a 10 year life span when stored outside. With everything touched on a resto and with proper bodywork and paint and other coatings, then stored inside they should still look good 50 years from now.
Sheldon

Shane Kelley

Steering column restoration

Cuda Cody

If Shane's kids, had kids and they had kids.... this car will still be holding up well for them to drive.  That level of work will look good for a long time!   :banana:

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 05, 2017, 09:44:20 AM
I think these cars will last almost indefinitely when restored like this car. An original car probably had a 10 year life span when stored outside. With everything touched on a resto and with proper bodywork and paint and other coatings, then stored inside they should still look good 50 years from now.

anlauto

Yea, it's nice to see them done right  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shane Kelley

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 05, 2017, 09:44:20 AM
I agree completely!  I seamed sealed every overlap and joint with 2 part seam sealer. Used a wand with cavity wax in the rockers and frame rails 3 times. When I put the quarters on I used zinc primer and then I used POR 15 in a squeeze bottle. Poured it on the inside from rockers and over the wheel tubs and all the way to the top of the trunk extensions. Let it run out of every joint. 3 times. Then I sprayed cavity wax over all that. Same with the front fender braces and above the head light buckets and inside the doors.

Shane Kelley

Heater box restoration. I have gone black on the blower motor since this picture. It was originally Cad plated and I tried to put a high end silver paint job on it. Just didn't look right after I stared at it a couple weeks. Seemed like a good idea at the time. The other thing that sucks is the boy I had helping clean things up scrubbed the 1970 off the front before I could catch him. Damn. I would have loved to save that.

anlauto

With this level of restoration you NEED to have the blower motor properly plated, why cut corners now ?

Send your blower motor, wiper motor and hood latches, etc... to member Stephan Fournier for proper restoration  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  man, your car is super nice and to have a black painted blower motor just doesn't seem to fit the level that you have done.   :alan2cents:

Shane Kelley

Quote from: anlauto on May 05, 2017, 10:54:56 AM
With this level of restoration you NEED to have the blower motor properly plated, why cut corners now ?

Send your blower motor, wiper motor and hood latches, etc... to member Stephan Fournier for proper restoration  :alan2cents:
Wiper motor and latches already plated.  The heater box was the first thing I did 4 years ago. it has been on my mind the whole time. You have a contact # for him? I will send my motor out if it's not going to be a huge delay. I need this on the road by June 24th.