Main Menu

Deplorable

Started by HUSTLESTUFF, March 05, 2017, 04:42:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

HUSTLESTUFF

Thanks guys.  Kinda like the tone on this forum.  Need to order some parts in the next few weeks and do lots of sanding.  Hope to finish most of single stage and wet sanding that this coming week.  I work week on/week off and weather looks good for paint.  I have to strip the old harnesses and restore them  front to rear.  Dash harness was done when I restored the dash.  I'm going with some Cobra Suzuka seats and will make a custom harness bar that bolts into the roof seat belt bolt and center floor seat belt bolts and maybe make a brace for the 5th or 6th point on the belts.  I've learned from my Charger that it helps on a road coarse to be belted in tight.  Here's a few cars I've done.  Cuda for niece's 16th B-day, Dart for other nieces done in 16 days by me and my brother, and my Chargers

Cuda Cody

:takealook:   :clapping:  Impressive line up of cars you've done.   :banana:

Spikedog08

Wow sweet fleet!  Really like the strobe on the cuda . . . Niece must of been the talk of the school! 

:worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

usraptor

Welcome from Utah  :welcome: and WOW!.  Very impressed with your cars and current project.  Can't wait to see "Deplorable" up and running.  :twothumbsup:

303 Mopar

Beautiful set of Mopars!   :perfect10:

HUSTLESTUFF

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 06, 2017, 07:20:19 AM
Wow sweet fleet!  Really like the strobe on the cuda . . . Niece must of been the talk of the school! 

:worship:

Those are painted on and we added a photo-illumenescent flake so they actually glow in the dark.  Challenger Gary made the stencil but what a pain.  I think there were 98 pieces to peel off on each side.  The red dart with green hood is the one that became the purple Dart in 16 days. Thanks for the comments.  Mike

Cudakiller70

:welcome: from Krazyfornia.   I like it gonna look mean!

JS29

HUSTLESTUFF

Had a good week off work if you can call it that.  Did a bunch of sanding and a little paint.  First I want to give credit to that rendering I loved so much.  I kept googling for that pic but never found a link to the creator.  It is Aaron Beck from NZ and he built his in a bad ass way.  I found a blog of his and he has done a ton of work on his Cuda.  http://beckkustoms.blogspot.co.uk/

I finished block sanding the 1/4's and tail panel of the car and decided it was time to paint.  I had some good weather and backed the car out of the shop and wiped it down and sealed it with Northstar epoxy and sprayed the single stage black.  Since I plan on wet sanding and clearing, I laid on  4 heavy  coats.  Yes I painted it right where it sits in the pics.  I had a good breeze and it came out very clean.  I also installed the Rattle Trap sound deadening and threw in the carpet I got with the car in.  I also made a filler plate for the firewall out of a piece of a carbon fiber splitter I had bought for the Charger but never used. 

After seeing the gloss black I really feel that I should keep that finish on it as does everyone else. But I love how the flat black looks so I'm going to order some 3M matte vinyl wrap and wrap the car after I wet sand the clear.  That way if I feel the need for Gloss I can just peel it off and return it to a non-original TX9 AAR with a prowler orange engine compartment.  I've never wrapped a car but at one time I had never painted one either. 

Included a pic of the brakes and the Carbon Fiber AAR stripe.

Mike

HUSTLESTUFF

I also let the vinyl top and headliner from Dante's sit out in the sun and rolled them up after they were nice and warm.  Forgot the pic of carbon firewall panel

usraptor

Cuda Cody

Love the stripe!   :ohyeah:

HUSTLESTUFF

Well I finished sanding fenders and spoiler. I re-primed the doors and painted thee fenders in single stage along with the spoiler. I'll wrap the spoiler in carbon once I sand again. I cleared the valences and header panel.  Only had one bug get me.

Yesterday I finished the header wrap and put on the CVF Racing serpentine belt system on the motor and the AAR fiberglass air cleaner with K&N filter. Busy day. Mike

Last pic is of header panel

Cuda Cody

:clapping:  Nicely done!!!  Looks like it turned out really well.   :banana:  Thanks for sharing!   :slapme5:

usraptor

WOW!  You're not wasting any time!  Nice progress!  :twothumbsup: