Main Menu

Deplorable

Started by HUSTLESTUFF, March 05, 2017, 04:42:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

moparcar

I love the build and your progress. Impressive!
Wes

HUSTLESTUFF

So I have completed all the wetsanding to 3000 grit on all the painted parts and some polishing on the 1/4's.  Needed some space and had a friend help me hang doors, fenders, header and hood.  Starting to look like  a CUDA again.  It's hard for me to believe that in the pics doors fender and hood have not been polished only wet sanded.

CudaMoparRay

Great looking radiator and project as well

Chryco Psycho

Love it Black AARs are awesome  :cool:

HUSTLESTUFF

Painted all the parts for steering column and some window and vinyl top trim. Will finish column this week when fully dry.

HUSTLESTUFF

The satin wrap is done!!!!  Wasn't as bad as I thought, never used a heat gun. Now on to the carbon vinyl. Steering column also done.

Cuda Cody

Looks like it turned out pretty nice.  How long did it take you?

HUSTLESTUFF

About 9hrs for fenders doors 1/4's and Dutchman. You tube is awesome so is Avery vinyl

HUSTLESTUFF

Most of the wrap is done. Just have valances to do. Will probably wrap rear spoiler in carbon

HUSTLESTUFF

Hood doors and fender top in carbon

HUSTLESTUFF

No hood in last pic. Here it is

HUSTLESTUFF

One more of the hood and fenders.

Cuda Cody

That's a lot of vinyl and time.   You did a very nice job of applying it too.  Not something you can hurry with.   :clapping:

HUSTLESTUFF

Just like your steering column video I watched a bunch on wrapping and had patience. The film I used Avery for satin and 3m for carbon is amazing. The only areas I used a heat gun was in scoop and tail panel.

anlauto

I'm a little confused....I understand the wrap on the hood/fender tops......but the rest of the  car ? You have a beautiful gloss black car, polished to perfection and then you wrapped it in matt black ? Why not paint it matt black in the first place ?

Did I miss something :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration