Main Menu

Deplorable

Started by HUSTLESTUFF, March 05, 2017, 04:42:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

HUSTLESTUFF

Sunday I block sanded the doors and painted them with single stage on Monday. I had a bit of oil can in the deck lid and put in some soft expanding foam that helped it a bit. I need to skim coat it because of a low spot probably caused by the spoiler. Today I wet sanded the body. Found one small dent in the Dutchman panel that should block out in the clear. Had three small sand thru areas only pin size.   I keep telling my girlfriend I'm sanding but she's wondering a bit. Will wetsand fenders and doors tomorrow.

Cuda Cody

:banana:  Coming along nicely! 

HUSTLESTUFF

I sanded down the fenders and doors today. 12 hrs easy. I'm not sure what to do now. So much a bad ass black paint job I don't know if I can flat clear it but the look i want is flat or satin. Do I wrap it with carbon where original organosol was or use organosol and use original stipe.

Cuda Cody

um, flat black it not easy to paint.  Way harder then normal gloss paint IMO.  It's super hard to get it to lay the right constant sheen and Organosol is not any easier.  I work at a sign company and I would still prefer to paint a car instead of wrap it.  Wraps are okay, but they really work best when they are being use for something that is impossible to paint or way to expensive.   :alan2cents:

If you could, please tell me what you want to end up with?  Flat or Satin black all over the outside of the car?  Or just the AAR portion (like the hood, tops of the fenders and tops of the doors)?

Quote from: HUSTLESTUFF on March 29, 2017, 10:27:01 PM
I sanded down the fenders and doors today. 12 hrs easy. I'm not sure what to do now. So much a bad ass black paint job I don't know if I can flat clear it but the look i want is flat or satin. Do I wrap it with carbon where original organosol was or use organosol and use original stipe.

HUSTLESTUFF

My original plan was to use carbon fiber vinyl where the organosol was and also the AAR stripe along with a flat or satin black. I was going to spray out different glosses to my liking. Now that the paint is looking georgeous I almost want to keep it gloss but not sure if the carbon fiber will look as good against the gloss black.
My other option is to do the carbon and leave the gloss black and wrap the gloss black in satin vinyl for a few years and then put an original AAR stripe and paint hood and fender tops in organosol.

Cuda Cody

Can you get a piece of vinyl big enough to cover the hood without having to splice it?

Quote from: HUSTLESTUFF on March 30, 2017, 10:42:51 AM
My original plan was to use carbon fiber vinyl where the organosol was and also the AAR stripe along with a flat or satin black. I was going to spray out different glosses to my liking. Now that the paint is looking georgeous I almost want to keep it gloss but not sure if the carbon fiber will look as good against the gloss black.
My other option is to do the carbon and leave the gloss black and wrap the gloss black in satin vinyl for a few years and then put an original AAR stripe and paint hood and fender tops in organosol.

HUSTLESTUFF

Yes. Hood is 53" wide and vinyl comes in 60"

Cuda Cody

That's going to be one big piece of vinyl to apply.  Best to have a helping hand.

HUSTLESTUFF

I think what I'll do is after I clear the fenders I'll put the carbon fiber on the tops and see how they look. I'll definitely get help on the hood, the scoop will be challenging.

Intel_12

Hustle,

I really like the serpentine system, does CV sell Mopar kits or did you piece it together? I couldn't find anything on their website for Mopars....

Cuda Cody

@HUSTLESTUFF  How's it going?  Any updates on the car?   :popcorn:

HUSTLESTUFF

Quote from: Intel_12 on April 12, 2017, 10:34:23 AM
Hustle,

I really like the serpentine system, does CV sell Mopar kits or did you piece it together? I couldn't find anything on their website for Mopars....

It's on cvfracing,com. They have SB and BB kits

HUSTLESTUFF

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 12, 2017, 10:36:49 AM
@HUSTLESTUFF  How's it going?  Any updates on the car?   :popcorn:

Here you go. Cleared the body fenders and doors. I'm wet sanding the shell now and a buddy who loves to polish came by to see it and polished drivers 1/4. It is awesome.

Cuda Cody

Nice job!!!!!  That's looking fantastic.   :bravo:

HUSTLESTUFF

I also got in the vintage air parts. I had to return the first condenser because they catalog them as a/c and non a/c vs 22" or 26" core supports. I put in the wizard racing radiator and shroud