Main Menu

What are You building right Now ?

Started by Chryco Psycho, December 13, 2016, 07:17:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Marc70challenger

Ok. OK.  I know its not an E-body.   :P.   :)

But we are building a street/strip 65 Barracuda A-body.  Previously a dedicated strip car built in mid-90's that we picked up last fall.  We want it streetable enough for Drag Week and goal is 10.0 sec index car.

I rewired whole car and added requirements for street: high/low beam headlights, signals, good brake and parking lights, horn, larger fuel cell, battery box, etc.  Ran all the accessories through Painless relay panel.

Wired up Speedwire relay and switch panel for go-fast stuff.

This is what we finally decided on:

383 stroked to 431, Ross pistons, H beam rods, Scat 4340 crank, Trick Flow heads,  Harland rocker arms, custom Bullet cam, solid roller, Melling oil pump, and Edelbrock Pro-Flo XT intake.

To finish off: Meziere relocated (radiator mounted) water pump, 170 amp Mechman or Powermaster alternator, and Fuel Tech 5.0 EFI (rail).  Also will take look at trans (refresh prob) and install JW ultra bell SFI on trans.  Custom headers/exhaust of course lol.   Cal tracs maybe (I'm thinking probably) after break in and some good runs.

We looked at stroking the 360 and adding blower or turbo or NOS.  I wanted to be a bit different representing Mopar ... no offense to them but you see a dime a dozen all LS motors, F bodies, Fox bodies, etc.  And when you get to the few Mopars its hemis usually (again .. no offense ... but we do have budget .... maybe on next upgrade ..   :o )

This puppy should pull mad up to 8k ...  :yes:

Block is at machine shop.  Should be back next week.  Car is at builders shop.  I'll be there prepping everything for install and to help keep on timeline.  4 weeks out on custom pistons.  So want to do as much as we can so when the motor is ready .... we have all other crap done.   Want it running April!!!

Here's some pics of before and after:

cuda hunter

That barracuda sounds like it will be a blast!   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Quote from: anlauto on February 11, 2017, 07:57:21 AM
@cuda hunter  Is this a personal home or a customer?
What does it cost to build a home like that ? Just the house, not the land.

Not what is worth finished, but what someone would pay to have it built and what are your margins ?

Customers home.
Home will end up in the 245.00 sq.ft. range.   Now I hate giving out sq.ft. pricing as it changes for every customer.  It all depends on just how "custom" you want to build.
I can sometimes get a home down to 200. sq. ft.  But these homes are I.C.F. built homes.  So I will have 42' tall walls that are 12" thick.  This type of home I build is bullet proof.  Works great for heating and cooling purposes.  I have had customers cut their heating bills by 2/3rds.
  That sq.ft. price will be a finished cost of the house. I will make a percentage on overall home cost.  I also make my hourly wage for working on the home.  So I do mostly "cost plus" pricing on all my homes.  That way you know exactly what your getting and how much you will be paying me from the beginning.  That doesn't mean I give you a price and we stick to that.  I'm not a bidder per say.  With custom homes one decision can change the home cost by 20 or 30% .   
  I enjoy building homes in remote locations.  So I am fine with a "cost plus" work environment.  Not trying to get rich here and I prefer transparency. 
Most of my customers are in other states and I do this for them without them being in the state. 

Did that answer your questions? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I had to break out a calculator, but yes thank you... :brainiac:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Topcat

So I take it you've got the Shotgun ready if any Elk or Deer coming wandering in?   

Maybe a deer feeder down yonder?   :idea:

Brads70

I've been helping a local buddy rebuild his newly acquired 68 Charger R/T 440/4 speed, Dana car. It got hit in the rear and parked early in its life. It has 62,000 miles on it.  He bought these cars out of Alberta. It was a package deal, the other car he cut up for parts to rebuild this one.  :crying:

Brads70

The Charger currently has the back half almost all together, replaced rear clip from donor car. Rear frame rails, wheel tubs, new AMD floors and drop offs. The rear quarters are almost ready to be welded back on after being fit. Man parts for these cars are super expensive. Grill was around 3K alone.
Here are his other cars...71 Cuda 340 auto billboard car cloned into a Hemi. and a 71 Challenger R/T with a shaker added. I helped him assemble the challenger, prep for paint. The Cuda I helped him install the Hemi. He is or try's to be a numbers matching or "correct" kind of guy and I..... am not so its funny, almost like two worlds colliding . 

cuda hunter

Quote from: Topcat on February 11, 2017, 07:15:17 PM
So I take it you've got the Shotgun ready if any Elk or Deer coming wandering in?   

Maybe a deer feeder down yonder?   :idea:
I wish.  There is an ACC and HOA in this development.  So not yet.  But the homeowner said I could kill what I want.   Would just be a fine from the neighborhood.
I got a freezer full though so I don't really need to kill anything.

here is my website.     www.SimsCustomHomes.com

Marc70challenger

Quote from: Brads70 on February 12, 2017, 05:12:35 AM
  He is or try's to be a numbers matching or "correct" kind of guy and I..... am not so its funny, almost like two worlds colliding .

:haha:

Nice pics too!!!! 

MoparDave

progress from 4 years ago when I last worked on it. Since the garage has been doubled in size. And I purchased the shop rotissori, spring means welding and grinding back in the garage..
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Brads70

Quote from: MoparDave on February 14, 2017, 12:33:00 PM
progress from 4 years ago when I last worked on it. Since the garage has been doubled in size. And I purchased the shop rotissori, spring means welding and grinding back in the garage..

I'm envious of your garage!  :idea:  Hey I know a guy that sells parts, if you need his contact info let me know!  :D

MoparDave

thanks @Brads70 . its pretty jammed currently since I had to vacate my storage unit. everything should have its place once all the cabinets get up and the rafters get filled. I still plan on building another storage area off the back for ya know, "the extra parts "
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

J-Code Jeni

Gorgeous homes you build, @cuda hunter! I absolutely love the cedar ceiling on portfolio #8!

The talented members on this site never cease to amaze me!  :grouphug:

Cuda Cody

I can't wait to see you get back on the project!!!!!  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help?  When you get back to please share some more photos!   :takepicture:   :yes:

J-Code Jeni

Those doors look nice & straight @MoparDave and omg- are you going to put the billboards back on? Billboards are too cool! Really looking forward to seeing your updates & pics!  :popcorn: