Main Menu

AAR Total restoration

Started by Car-nutt, October 17, 2017, 12:02:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Car-nutt

Hello everyone, my car has just left for the AMD installation center. This is the first time I am sending a car out for metal work . I am a little nervous about the process because I can't jump in my car to see it being worked on (it's a 15 hour drive). Craig from AMD has made me feel totally comfortable with the process. I have attached some pic's of the before.  I will keep everyone posted with regards to the restoration.

anlauto

Hey, that's great news !
Do they require it to remain rolling on it's own wheels ? It couldn't just go on a cart like my cars do ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

I will be interested to see this one come together!    :twothumbsup:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Car-nutt

Hi Alan, they wanted it rolling with the door and trunk latches attached, because during the restoration they want to align the doors and the trunk and make sure everything closes properly . Once it reaches AMD they pull the suspension off and sandblast the car.

anlauto

Makes sense I guess :worship:

For those that don't know, this AAR did a few stints on EBay and was parked by Gate 1 at Carlisle in 2016 :wave:  Thankfully it was bought and is now being saved  :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

FlatlandTA

Quote from: anlauto on October 17, 2017, 01:21:07 PM
Makes sense I guess :worship:

For those that don't know, this AAR did a few stints on EBay and was parked by Gate 1 at Carlisle in 2016 :wave:  Thankfully it was bought and is now being saved  :banana:
Figured might be the same one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlatlandTA

Quote from: Car-nutt on October 17, 2017, 12:02:41 PM
Hello everyone, my car has just left for the AMD installation center. This is the first time I am sending a car out for metal work . I am a little nervous about the process because I can't jump in my car to see it being worked on (it's a 15 hour drive). Craig from AMD has made me feel totally comfortable with the process. I have attached some pic's of the before.  I will keep everyone posted with regards to the restoration.
Can't wait to see the progression

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadman

Will AMD be sending you pics as they work on it.  ?

Brads70

:popcorn:  Should be a pretty cool experience watching this come back from the dead!  8)

Chryco Psycho

B5 4 spd , very cool , can't wait to see this one fixed up  :twothumbsup:

HR738

Great to see another one survive! Did they give you any guess on turn around time?

70vcodecuda

Shoooter

can't wait to see the progress. I can do without seeing the bill though  :looney:

Car-nutt

The turn around time is 60 days, I told them if I could have it ready for first or second week of January (2018).
They agreed and said it wouldn't be a problem. They will be sending me progress pictures as I request them.

anlauto

They have a great reputation for hitting their time frame and quote....be interesting now that we have a current example to follow along with... :fingerscrossed: