Main Menu

Alignment access covers- upper A-arm

Started by Scooter, May 06, 2020, 03:46:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Scooter

Looking for a replacement for the rear alignment bolt access panel "flap" on the upper A arm. Does anyone make a reproduction? 

GoodysGotaCuda

Rock auto sells the metal alignment plates. You can get the rubber rear flaps on eBay, I think Detroit muscle technologies makes them.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

anlauto

AMD has the front metal ones, DMT makes the rear rubber ones :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Scooter

Quote from: anlauto on May 06, 2020, 05:04:51 PM

Already have the metal blank off plates for the front. Not familiar with DMT, would you mind posting up a link?

THX!
-s

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Scooter on May 06, 2020, 07:44:22 PM
Quote from: anlauto on May 06, 2020, 05:04:51 PM

Already have the metal blank off plates for the front. Not familiar with DMT, would you mind posting up a link?

THX!
-s

DMT = Detroit Muscle Technologies, the vendor I mentioned above.

https://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Scooter

^^ Thanks both! So rubber eh? No one makes a metal blank off plate like the front access port?

Chryco Psycho

Roseville will carry them also why not talk to Dave & get the discount

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Scooter on May 06, 2020, 08:20:18 PM
^^ Thanks both! So rubber eh? No one makes a metal blank off plate like the front access port?
No one makes metal rear covers because the factory never did. They were always a rubber flap with little frog leg clips that hold them in place. Passenger side goes on the inside of the engine compartment and driver side goes on from the outside in the fender well.

If you look close you can see them in the pic below

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Scooter on May 06, 2020, 08:20:18 PM

No, they never came from the factory with one. Any metal rear close out is custom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Scooter

^^^ Thanks all, photo very helpful. I think both of what's left of mine are installed on the outside. I'll give Roseville a call once I've accumulated a few more parts to round out the order. Anyone know what the actual name of this cover is? Had a helluva time looking for them. 

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

I bought mine directly from DMT. They have lots of nice parts and are great to work with.  :cheers:

MOPAR E BODY 70 ENGINE WELL SPLASH SHIELDS