Main Menu

AMD rear bumper

Started by Mopar5, May 14, 2020, 12:32:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mopar5

Installing an AMD bumper and I think it looks decent but when I install the bumper guards I have a gap at the bottom of the bumper guards any ideas? I will get some pics from my phone.

Mopar5

Here are a few

Mopar5

Mopar5

I know there are a left and right bracket upper bracket set and they are on the correct side. But is it possible for them to be upside down?

Mopar5

looks like i will be making a spacer

Mr Lee

I don't know exactly how far out the bumper is supposed to sit but it kinda looks to me like its sitting a smidge too far out, maybe?   A little hard to tell from the photos.  It may be correct for all I know.   Are they original bumper brackets that hold the bumper on the car? 

Hmmm. Thinking.
Curious how the valence looks next to it. And if you have an old original bumper laying around, I'd say maybe throw that one on there and see if you get a different result.
Thats annoying though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Mr Lee

Quote from: Mopar5 on May 14, 2020, 08:14:42 PM
looks like i will be making a spacer
Yeah probably your best bet.  Good luck

Mopar5

I have definitely  thought about putting the old bumper on but I am working alone and I am trying to minimize the on and off because it is really easy to chip the bumper filler or something else.As usual with me what was going to take a few hours will now be a few days. I try to keep in mind the quote from Voltaire which is 'Perfection is the enemy of good" but i always seem to ignore it. :)

Mopar5

Sorry yes the brackets are original

Mr Lee

Quote from: Mopar5 on May 14, 2020, 08:45:43 PM
I have definitely  thought about putting the old bumper on but I am working alone and I am trying to minimize the on and off because it is really easy to chip the bumper filler or something else.As usual with me what was going to take a few hours will now be a few days. I try to keep in mind the quote from Voltaire which is 'Perfection is the enemy of good" but i always seem to ignore it. :)
Yes, absolutely.   I hear ya, on all counts. 
And yes, haha, it pays to realize when "good enough" is good enough. 

Mopar5

Well I'm done Hope it looks ok

Mopar5

Aftermarket parts have their quirks but I'm personally grateful to the entrepreneurs out there making all the parts out there without them this hobby would be much more difficult

Mr Lee

Looks good. Check that task off the list. 
And yes, I'm grateful for that too.  There's so much more stuff available now than there was years ago when I started my resto. 

RUNCHARGER

You'll know better when you get the taillights in.
Sheldon

JS29