Main Menu

What Wax or Polish are you using on your car?

Started by Cuda Cody, May 24, 2017, 11:02:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70Barracuda

Nex Gen ceramic coat, goes on easier than wax by far, lasts longer too.
Sniper, 493/383, Firmfeel, RMS Streetlynx, Speedhut. Dana, 4 gear.

dhh

Quote from: 70Barracuda on May 06, 2021, 05:31:03 PM
Nex Gen ceramic coat, goes on easier than wax by far, lasts longer too.

But then you don't get that quality time with your car every month!  :pokeeye:

Mark_B

I got my car moped and ceramic coated.  Very please with the results.
Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk

jordan

Last year I started using Chemical Guys HydroSlick ceramic gel on all of my toys. Love it!  Goes on easy. No residue. Shines like crazy. Last a long time. Bugs and dirt fall off. I just use a detail spray to keep it clean.
  I bought it for all my buddies and family for Christmas because it is such a great product for me. Do your research, might be something better out there. At least I know this product works.
"Don't brake until you see God!"

JS29

From a body-man's perspective,  :stop: I had the pleasure of repairing a few cars that had the ceramic coating on them.  :headbang:  :verymad: 

Manuel

Quote from: JS29 on July 18, 2022, 02:48:43 PM
From a body-man's perspective,  :stop: I had the pleasure of repairing a few cars that had the ceramic coating on them.  :headbang:  :verymad:

Soooo,  what went wrong with the coating?

JS29

@Manuel   If you ever have to repair A spot on the treated part. You have to sand it off, Trying NOT it blow through the finish it's self!!!!!  :alan2cents:

Manuel

Thanks JS.

So, lets say you got some minor scratches that you normally could vanish with yellow 3m polish compound.
After ceramic coating, how would you get rid of those?

After ceramic is the paint substantially protected against those very fine scratches from say not washing or drying appropriately?

JS29

@Manuel  If you scratch a panel after the application and you can see it got in to the color, you are through the ceramic coat.    Now to repair it you need to get strip ALL the ceramic off the panel. Now if it is shallow enough to buff out you will be buffing the ceramic off until you reach the actual finish and hope you don't go to far. If it's base/clear how do you know witch is witch. Now less say you can't buff it out, You must sand the ceramic off without blowing through the good part of the finish.  :alan2cents:

Gary AAR

I am getting ready to wax my 70 AAR Cuda for the first time since having it painted.  I read through this thread, and still have some questions on the best product to use, particularly on and around the vinyl stripes.
1.  If I use Adams Matte Detailer on the vinyl stripes, some of the product is bound to end up on the paint between the vinyl stripes.  Will the paint with Matte Detailer then look different from the paint elsewhere on the car that will get a wax coating (Adams Buttery Wax)?
2.  Similar to the above question.... If I get some Buttery Wax on the vinyl stripes, will the stripes look/feel different than the original vinyl stripes without any wax?
3.  Is there any product that should be applied to the Organisol textured paint on the hood and fender tops that would protect these surfaces, or is putting nothing at all on these surfaces the best bet?
4.  Assuming I want no wax product on the Organisol surfaces, how do you wax the painted surface right up to the edge where the Organisol paint starts (thinking of where the normal paint surface meets the Organisol paint along the top of the fender)? 

Thanks for the help.  Just don't want to get the wrong product on the wrong surface!

ek3

Quote from: JS29 on July 18, 2022, 02:48:43 PM
there are ceramic coatings that will last 7 even 8 years or,,,,, if your car is stored covered inside it could last for much longer! HOWEVER..... all you need is one experience with removing it or repairing it and you may wish you never used it. ceramic waxes are extremely hard to remove. if you use them, they will deliver 1st class results. if you have to re-paint or repair your car, it will be a problem. it must be cut off the metal with cutting/buffing compound or sanded off!  i just had a 24' black car hauler buffed and ceramic coated. the coating soaked into the paint! it had some slight milky spots that would not dry out. i ended up having to sand the entire trailer and chemically clean it 3 times before i painted it. i was still worried that it was going to be a huge problem. like they say, " a bear is a bear when he comes down out the tree!"  all i ever use is adams or 3m finesse it. quick detailer between that.