Main Menu

Cut the quarters or not

Started by soundcontrol, April 04, 2017, 01:44:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

Can anyone with unpainted AMD quarters show a close picture of the area?

anlauto

I've installed several AMD Challenger quarters, but had a hard time finding a picture of the driver's side "before" paint, but here you go....best I could do...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

Quote from: anlauto on November 26, 2017, 01:52:16 PM
I've installed several AMD Challenger quarters, but had a hard time finding a picture of the driver's side "before" paint, but here you go....best I could do...

Thanks Alan, that looks way better than mine.

YellowThumper

That "S" line is not correct at all. You are right in questioning it. supposed to flow from panel to door.

:alan2cents:
Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

71GranCoupe

The way they don't transition is horrible. I bought Goodmark quarters and trunk floor for my Gran Coupe and the fit was so bad, I hung up in the shop and bought AMD from Dave. The fit was 100 times better. Here is a picture of my survivor and maybe you can enlarge it and get another view of how the body line flows up, not the way it is. It is on the passenger side, but same concept.

soundcontrol

Yes! AMD are stocking up on skins and full quarters this week! Left side skin been out for more than a year. I will order new ones from @MoparDave.

RUNCHARGER

Wow: Your luck is opposite to mine. That's lucky news.
Sheldon

soundcontrol

Here is a pict of the passenger side skin, it is a bit better shaped but not perfect either.
And look at my car before I took it apart, passenger side looks almost OK, but driver side not, didn't even notice that when I bought it.
It had skins before, probably same brand.

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: It looked better in paint than you would think.
Sheldon

soundcontrol

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on November 28, 2017, 05:41:36 PM
Hmm: It looked better in paint than you would think.

Might be some bondo work involved there also. Lots of it right above my bodyline were the skin was welded.
Driver side is bad looking though.