Main Menu

Rear window glass installation information

Started by GoMangoBoys, January 06, 2020, 01:33:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Quote from: BFM_Cuda on January 06, 2020, 06:57:53 PM
Quote from: GoMangoBoys on January 06, 2020, 03:46:50 PM
OK.  So I am not sure what I am talking about.  Maybe I will get some of the retainer clips before I drill the holes for them.  I assume the spacing of these clips is not critical?

DO NOT drill the holes for the trim clips without the clips to use for alignment. Also, DO NOT drill from the backside of the panel. The trim clips need to sit in the window channel just right before you drill the mounting holes. There is no adjustment of the clips once you screw them down, and the clip location determines how the trim is going to fit the window channel against the Dutchman, roof and quarter panels.

Look for some pictures on the internet on general spacing around the window channel, you have some leeway there, just stay away from the joints in the trim a few inches.

Reading into a love statement. You are better off drilling thru the window side to get then all at the heights for trim placement. Stay clear of the old remaining holes on underside.

:alan2cents:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Cbridgewater

Are you going to fully weld the seam between the filler panel and the quarters? I was thinking about doing the same thing because I'm not the biggest fan of seeing that seem.

GoMangoBoys

I DID fully weld the panel in on both sides.  I guess I did not know enough to know it should not have been.  The previous one was fully welded, but done very poorly.  I did the same thing, but a little nicer I hope.