Main Menu

What Wax or Polish are you using on your car?

Started by Cuda Cody, May 24, 2017, 11:02:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

IMNCARN82

I use 3M Perfect it and Adams exclusively.      Adams is the best.   No comparison really.    Their waterless wash is kind on the satin paint.  And the orange pad with the "swirl killer" random orbital machine will erase those spiderwebs like an eraser!   VRT,Leather conditioner, And the towels are real nice. I use all of it.  The new clay bar is amazing!!     LOve Adams !!!      Buffing is one of my favorite pastimes!  I do it all the freakn time!!!    With these 3.       Then the wizards comes out.   either one.  detail or wax.  both are the best there is.   don't ask me how i know.

R/T

round tail lights forever !!

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 30, 2017, 01:40:51 PM
Thanks Blake: Guys like me just don't have the time to experiment with the different products. I still have a bunch of Meguires left but am always on the lookout for something better.

No problem! Glad to help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Cuda Cody

Got my first batch of products in.   :veryexcited:    @Blake@diyhemi.com  our whole office smells like a strip joint now!   :haha:  I love this stuff.  I'm going around spraying everyone desk and chair.  So far everyone loves the smell too.

There's a little sneak peak on the next prize shop item in the photo too.   :bigthumb:

76orangewagon

I just searched Summit Racing and they carry both Chemical Guys and Adams products...so Ill have to give them a try. It's nice living only 3 miles from the Summit Racing but also costly  :takemymoney:

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 05, 2017, 02:19:18 PM
Got my first batch of products in.   :veryexcited:    @Blake@diyhemi.com  our whole office smells like a strip joint now!   :haha:  I love this stuff.  I'm going around spraying everyone desk and chair.  So far everyone loves the smell too.

There's a little sneak peak on the next prize shop item in the photo too.   :bigthumb:

Woot! Glad you like it!

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Blake@diyhemi.com

Still enjoying the products, @cuda cody ?

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Cuda Cody

YES!  I wish they would make the stripper smell in a cologne.  Guess I'll have to get it the old fashion way by going to a strip club.   :haha:

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on June 15, 2017, 04:14:29 AM

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 15, 2017, 08:25:17 AM
YES!  I wish they would make the stripper smell in a cologne.  Guess I'll have to get it the old fashion way by going to a strip club.   :haha:

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on June 15, 2017, 04:14:29 AM

I literally laughed out loud when I read this[emoji38]!!!

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Shoooter

This is all great info. Are all these safe for billboard stickers on the car?

Blake can you explain your two bucket method and all your other washing tips!

Sleepychallenger

Man, do I feel like a bum. I use nu-finish. And for the engine I was finding some degreaser about once a year and soaking the engine then taking it to a DIY car wash for the high pressure rinse.

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: Shoooter on June 16, 2017, 07:48:10 PM
This is all great info. Are all these safe for billboard stickers on the car?

Blake can you explain your two bucket method and all your other washing tips!

Dang I wish I would have read this 2 hours ago, I just foam bath and 2 bucket washed my wife's car. I'll wash my truck and shoot a simple video on the two bucket method. It's simple and makes all the difference in the world

Yes the washes are PH neutral and are great on decals. They actually help protect them. I also have matte detailer spray that cleans and conditions flat black paint or vinyl stripes

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Cudamike

Rich G.

I like Gliptone wax the best so far. Haven't tried or seen the Chemical Guys stuff anywhere.  I was at a show and the Griots trailer was there doing demos on peoples show cars. Stuff looked good. So what do you guys clean the Organisol black paint with?

Blake@diyhemi.com

matte wash from chemical guys as a total car wash, followed by matte detailer

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

72hemi

I've been using Adam's products for almost 10 years now and absolutely love them!
Life's too short to drive boring cars