Main Menu

Some THANK YOU's are in order!

Started by Spikedog08, July 16, 2018, 11:25:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

340challconvert

Quote from: Spikedog08 on July 16, 2018, 11:25:46 AM
So now that we have another Carlisle show under our belt, I have a few THANK YOU's to send out! 

@ViperMan and @Oh10Challenger (Jeff and Ashley) did a great job with the club lunch on Saturday once again!  They also organize the club dinner on Friday night so HATS off to them for all that they do.  I assume Melanie probably helped in some way of course!  Show would not be the same without them! 

@Chryco Psycho  Neil once again went and helped any one that needed help!  I know he worked on a lot of cars while there as usual and for me personally  . . . my trunk now opens well.   I have been struggling with getting the trunk open for some time now,  The key just would not go in there all the way and I knew at some point, it probably would not open and I would be in a jam.  Neil took the lock out and when I returned from a trip to the main Carlisle office, it was back together and now opens easily!  Very cool!

@MEK-Dangerous   Once again Mike was generous enough to supply the pizza pies for the Saturday parking lot pizza party!  Very nice of him to do that and add to the fun that we have at this great show! 

Also after the pizza party, Neil went to work on Andy's car to attempt to fix brake lights and other issues . . . then Neil and 2 or 3 other members dove into my car to see why I am having charging issues.  They worked on that for at least 2 hours, at one point I looked over and my alternator was laying on the ground in front of the car.  Someone brought a meter and tests were being completed.  The end result was that the alternator was operating as it should but the issue is current from the alternator to the battery was not as it should be.  Losing amps along the way and assume it is in the wiring and ammeter.  I need to address that soon and hope to get it completed ASAP.  My plans for a new rallye dash may be the answer as the ammeter will be converted.   

Many thanks to all that helped me with that!!   Thanks to anyone that I may have missed!!  A great show and I see the count down to 2019 has started.  If anyone has ideas to make this show even better, please let me know! 

:clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :worship:

Thank you to all who made this year's Carlisle special
Wish I could have gone
:drinkingbud:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

734406PK

Thank you @spikedog08 (Dave) for the club tent! I was a real pleasure to be able to have chairs in the shade with friends while on safari for much  needed MOPAR supplies!
Thank you @oh10challenger and @viperman (Ashley and Jeff) for The Friday dinner and the Saturday lunch! Susan and I had the best time, we can't wait until next year! We're already watching the countdown timer, Stay well my friends!  :twothumbsup:

734406PK

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 16, 2018, 03:16:23 PM
Thanks to all above for the reasons given , anyone that contributed & to Andy & Darren for helping work in Spikedogs car trying to diagnose the issue. 
It was a great time as usual , fun to catch up with everyone  :bradsthumb:

Thank you Chryco Psycho! Happy to help out! Through heat, humidity and darkness, we persevered! LOL!  :worship:

Chryco Psycho

Yes we did , I was not thinking clearly , we should have traced the voltage at every connector to see where the voltage drop was

Morty426

OK help me out

Where is this tent located?

ViperMan

Quote from: Morty426 on July 20, 2018, 12:37:23 AM
OK help me out

The tent moves around a little each year, but, if you're familiar with the fairgrounds, when you enter in Gate 3 (the main gate everyone typically drives in to), you veer slightly to the left once you get through the gate, drive past a few buildings, pass the car-wash area, go through a four-way intersection, and then start looking to your right.  We're not usually right along that road, but most-often are one lane over.  CarlisleEvents always puts up a white sign with the club name on it, and then we (usually @Spikedog08) hangs up larger, colored banners that @Cuda Cody made.  Last year, we were just past the four-way intersection, on the right, one lane over.  This year, we were all the way at the end lane, on the right, one lane over (right across from the porta-johns, which wasn't AS bad as I thought it'd be...)

It's always a great place to hang out and chat with people, see familiar faces - it's always kinda my "home" on the fairgrounds.  We keep our chairs there, coolers, Spikedog usually puts out a radio playing rock music, we have two tables to serve food from on Saturdays - it's our own, little oasis...  :)

734406PK

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 19, 2018, 10:57:54 PM
Yes we did , I was not thinking clearly , we should have traced the voltage at every connector to see where the voltage drop was

I wasn't thinking clearly either, the heat of the day took it's toll! Yes i agree, a few more test readings and we would have pin pointed the resistance. I am concerned with the 2.5 volt drop being inside the car along with losing the driving lights and directionals. 

Morty426

Quote from: ViperMan on July 20, 2018, 05:15:08 AM
Quote from: Morty426 on July 20, 2018, 12:37:23 AM
OK help me out

The tent moves around a little each year, but, if you're familiar with the fairgrounds, when you enter in Gate 3 (the main gate everyone typically drives in to), you veer slightly to the left once you get through the gate, drive past a few buildings, pass the car-wash area, go through a four-way intersection, and then start looking to your right.  We're not usually right along that road, but most-often are one lane over.  CarlisleEvents always puts up a white sign with the club name on it, and then we (usually @Spikedog08) hangs up larger, colored banners that @Cuda Cody made.  Last year, we were just past the four-way intersection, on the right, one lane over.  This year, we were all the way at the end lane, on the right, one lane over (right across from the porta-johns, which wasn't AS bad as I thought it'd be...)

It's always a great place to hang out and chat with people, see familiar faces - it's always kinda my "home" on the fairgrounds.  We keep our chairs there, coolers, Spikedog usually puts out a radio playing rock music, we have two tables to serve food from on Saturdays - it's our own, little oasis...  :)

I'm sure I will be able to find you guys next year. 

Chryco Psycho

You better , it is not that hard to find !! :twothumbsup:

Morty426

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 22, 2018, 12:01:40 AM

Oh I will. 

I don't normally visit people when I go but this year I did and I a blast.

Spent a lot of time talking with Erik and Allan Gallant. 

anlauto

Quote from: Morty426 on July 22, 2018, 12:28:16 AM

Oh I will. 

Don't you mean "listening" to Erik.... :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Morty426

Quote from: anlauto on July 22, 2018, 04:38:00 AM
Quote from: Morty426 on July 22, 2018, 12:28:16 AM

Oh I will. 

Don't you mean "listening" to Erik.... :haha: :haha: :haha:

LOL - funny thing is I haven't heard a peep from him since   :unbelievable: