Main Menu

swap meet at Nationals

Started by GoMangoBoys, July 01, 2020, 03:30:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

I know this year is likely to be different, but typically, how much of the show is swap meet space vs car show?
Thanks.

anlauto

It's usually half and half....2500-2800 show cars and around 3000 vending spots I think...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

I love the swap meet!  It's enormous!!  I spent most of my time in the swap.  Only about a 1/4 of my time looking at the awesome cars. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on July 01, 2020, 04:16:07 PM
I love the swap meet!  It's enormous!!  I spent most of my time in the swap.  Only about a 1/4 of my time looking at the awesome cars.

Keep in mind this year that some large vendors will NOT be there:
Mega Parts
Vans Auto
DMT
Accurate Ltd
etc...
etc...
etc...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Rich G.

Are they still having the Nats in Ohio this year?

cuda hunter

Quote from: anlauto on July 01, 2020, 04:49:12 PM

Mega Parts
Vans Auto
DMT
Accurate Ltd
etc...
etc...
etc...

It's only supposed to be 50% of usual show.  Big names are out but alot of the small vendors will still be there. I hope there are some deals this years.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Quote from: Rich G. on July 01, 2020, 06:00:56 PM
Are they still having the Nats in Ohio this year?

Their website says it's still on, much to my surprise. Around here all dragstrips are still closed  :dunno:
http://www.moparnats.org/

fc7cuda

Mega Parts
Vans Auto
DMT
Accurate Ltd
etc...
etc...
etc...

I'm planning on attending, it will be interesting to see what larger vendors do attend.  They will get my business.

anlauto

Quote from: fc7cuda on July 02, 2020, 04:50:04 AM

Mega Parts
Vans Auto
DMT
Accurate Ltd
etc...
etc...
etc...

I'm planning on attending, it will be interesting to see what larger vendors do attend.  They will get my business.

Be sure to support:

Restoration Parts & Materials
Tony's Parts

I know those two ARE going and are great supporters and active members of this web site  :twothumbsup:

cuda hunter

[/quote]
Be sure to support:
Restoration Parts & Materials
Tony's Parts
I know those two ARE going and are great supporters and active members of this web site  :twothumbsup:
[/quote]

Thanks for pointing that out.  I will definitely support them.

69BFan

Alan, thanks for the call out and support.  We will be at Carlisle next week unless things were to change.  We already know that the attendance will be way down for both vendors and spectators.  We will be bringing our usual assortment of pieces, but a reduced volume.  In years past, we filled up a 3000 square foot tent, this year we are going with a 1600 square foot setup.  So if there should be any special request, please let me know as the truck will be loaded out by Sunday afternoon.

Our spaces are located right next to building T in rows H and I in spot numbers 137 through 143.  Everyone be safe in your travels and we will see you at Carlisle next week!!!
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

You'll do great Richard....something to be said for being the "only game in town"..... :twothumbsup:
Best of luck...stay safe.... :drinkingbud:

Brads70

:iagree:  I love walking the parts isles. Even if I don't " need" anything.  There is a vendor there that almost every year I buy my case of Brad Penn oil from etc.... Always enjoy seeing "what's around"  I even enjoy parts hunting for other people. Always more fun spending someone else's money!  :D

GoMangoBoys

I arrived today at 6:30 AM and left at 6pm.  I am tired.  Got some good stuff.  I will make another pass thru the swap tomorrow.

cuda hunter

Yal are missing the club dinner right now!!!