Main Menu

I want a #s matching 4-spd. AAR 'Cuda project!!

Started by Monsterzero, August 24, 2017, 09:41:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Monsterzero

Am I asking for too much? Im looking for a project car that I can afford to purchase and eventually restore. I'd like it to be a car that's numbers matching across-the-board, ideally with documents, if possible.
These are the colors in order of preference (am I being too picky?):

FJ5 (Lime Light)
EB5 (Blue Fire Metallic)
FE5 (Rallye Red)
FC7 (In-Violet Metallic)

Please let me know what's out there. I've already missed out on two projects cars and I'm slowly losing faith that I will ever find my one dream e-body Mopar. Thank you in advance!

303 Mopar

Quote from: Monsterzero on August 24, 2017, 09:41:17 AM
"that I can afford to purchase"

This is the key phrase here.  There are several projects out there, what is your budget? 

Rich G.

You might be asking for to much. I've been looking too for another project and people seem to think their junk is worth a fortune. They have no clue what it takes to restore a car and not have more into it then it's worth.

Monsterzero

Quote from: 303 Mopar on August 24, 2017, 09:45:15 AM
Quote from: Monsterzero on August 24, 2017, 09:41:17 AM
I understand your question and I was hoping to be between 30K - 35K. I know some people think that's too low but I have to consider my cost of restoration since I have to hire that out and then consider the final cost of the car itself.

This is the key phrase here.  There are several projects out there, what is your budget?

303 Mopar

Quote from: Rich G. on August 24, 2017, 09:53:43 AM
You might be asking for to much. I've been looking too for another project and people seem to think their junk is worth a fortune. They have no clue what it takes to restore a car and not have more into it then it's worth.

I always say buy the best car you can afford.  If you picked up this AAR project for $36k for example ([ebay]132259331118
[/ebay], plan on being into it for over $100k and a couple of years before you are done.  However, you can buy a decent AAR for less than that and drive it right now.

Cuda Cody

I might know of an AAR 4 speed that is orange.  It's a project.  Where part of the country are you in?

Monsterzero

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 24, 2017, 11:06:46 AM
I might know of an AAR 4 speed that is orange.  It's a project.  Where part of the country are you in?

Thanks Cody, I'm out in California.

Cuda Cody

I'll check and see if the AAR is still for sale....  It's in WA state.

Quote from: Monsterzero on August 24, 2017, 11:41:54 AM

Thanks Cody, I'm out in California.

6bblgt

everybody wants to be ahead of the game (who wouldn't?)  :bigmoney: if it was easy, everybody would be doing "IT"! (or already did)

quality, numbers, documented, unrestored "projects" are few & far between especially 47 years later & after a number of HIGH point$ in the musclecar market

a popular when new & good color numbers 4-speed AAR isn't a needle in a haystack search (plenty built) - they are out there :cheers: GOOD LUCK!

fc7cuda

Quote from: 6bblgt on August 24, 2017, 12:39:07 PM
everybody wants to be ahead of the game (who wouldn't?)  :bigmoney: if it was easy, everybody would be doing "IT"! (or already did)

quality, numbers, documented, unrestored "projects" are few & far between especially 47 years later & after a number of HIGH point$ in the musclecar market

a popular when new & good color numbers 4-speed AAR isn't a needle in a haystack search (plenty built) - they are out there :cheers: GOOD LUCK!

:iagree:

Lots of times when looking for a specific project car- other killer deals can pop up.  :veryexcited:

Good luck.

FlatlandTA

Intrigued!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuda dad

It's good to keep your options open and be johnny-on-the-spot ready when the time comes.

Monsterzero

I agree with you completely. I actually was ready to pull the trigger on one car a couple weeks ago, but in the time it took me to try and confirm the validity and ask questions, someone else purchased it. It's hard to put out cash when you hear of so many horror stories with re-bodied cars.
I love the AAR in your avatar, BTW!

Stanleyracing

Cuda Cody