Main Menu

1970 Challenger RT 440 FC7 Numbers Matching Project

Started by Cuda Cody, January 30, 2017, 06:24:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

What's a fair price for this Project?

[ebay]222394158377[/ebay]

anlauto

I get scared buying a project that's all in primer "ready for paint". If a customer brought that to me, I would highly recommend stripping it to bare metal. I know for a fact that most reputable body shops wouldn't want to put paint over top of someone else's work :alan2cents:

With that being said.....It sounds like he has a lot of parts, maybe $10K, maybe more.....the car itself being a numbers U code, as a project would be $8K-$10K.....add the metal/body work as being finished $10K at least....

This project could reach mid to high $20's to the right person  :alan2cents: NO ME :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

I'll finish it for anybody that wants to buy it... :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

headejm

As with any project, you would have to go look at the car and all of the parts that he says he has. It's about a $60k car when finished and you'd have to spend at least $30k to get it finished. If the body is as good as it looks in the pictures and the parts he has are as described, I think it could sell for upwards of $25k. If you did most of the finish work yourself, you might only have $50k into it when it was finished. It's one of the better "projects" I've seen lately. :alan2cents:

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  I'm right there with ya.  Unless there's photos of each step of the metal work and body work, it's a big risk painting over someone else's prep.  Even with photos it can still be a big risk.

But it's a really cool project and not many high impact 440 numbers matching projects left.  I'm a little lighter on the price.  I'll put it at $22K.  The extra new parts really help.  The seats, dash and tires can add up quickly, but there's a lot of risk in the bodywork and engine.

Cuda Cody

No photos of the floor pans or trunk, but what little of the body he's shows looks pretty good.  Wish he had more photos and what about the fender tag?  Where's @cuda hunter  when we need him!

anlauto

What drives me bonkers is when people leave parts on the car when they do "a complete restoration". How hard is it to remove the UCA access shields in the engine compartment? or the POS battery cable bracket...or that one dam bolt that holds the lock out linkage...come on really ? :pullinghair:

headejm

You got 6 days to get to Yukon, OK. Sounds like the title of a western.  :lurking:

HP_Cuda

Should be interesting, believe it or not I think it will go for like 15k or thereabouts.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

fc7cuda

:iagree:

Too many unanswered questions about the car, I think it's definitely under 20K.  Fc7/V1W helps, but buying a project in the middle always means going backwards before going forwards. :alan2cents:

3hrs from me, let me know if I can help.

Tom

61K T/A

headejm

RUNCHARGER

Neat project, absolutely has to be sanded to bare metal before proceeding.

Sheldon
Sheldon