Main Menu

1970 & 1971 Cuda Convertibles

Started by 303 Mopar, November 26, 2017, 08:14:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

From the dodgecharger.com forum - http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,130741.0/topicseen.html#msg1625636

Recently thru a death of a friend I acquired his 1970 and 1971 Cuda convertibles that have been sitting in his garage since 1980 and 1984.   Both are project cars that would require restoration but I just had to have them to ensure they eventually make it to a great home where they'll get the restoration they deserve.   The details are as follows:

1971 Cuda 340 automatic on the floor.    Has fender tag, non matching 340 engine but #'s matching transmission and rear end.   8 3/4 3:55 Suregrip, Fog lights, Console, Gull WIng, AM FM, Rally Dash, Rocker Moldings, Hood Pins, Autumn Bronze exterior with black top/interior.  Car is crusty but has salvageable frame rails, doors, hood, trunk, rockers, retractable top assembly, uncracked grille, front and rear valances are all in great shape.   Would require some help from AMD including fenders, quarters, trunk floor and inner/outer wheel houses.  The passenger side floor pan is solid but the drivers would require some patch work or replacement.   The trunk floor could be salvaged but with replacing the wheel houses you may as well replace the floor as well.  The Cuda still retains it's original rally wheels, center caps and trim rings, lights, seats, dash, column, everything that would make it a complete car.   A title is included and matches to everything on the car.  1 of 102 71 340 convertibles, 1 of 12 in Autumn Bronze and 1 of 7 with no billboards or shaker.  1 of 2 in autumn bronze with factory gull wing.  This car is 99.9% complete.  $32,500 takes it.

1970 Barracuda convertible with fender tag in Vitamin C Orange with black interior roller.   Unbelievably solid body.  The floor pans, trunk and cross members retain the original orange paint, fire wall is spotless, doors are clean, hood, decklid and front clip are rust free.   All it would need is some lower quarter panel patches and this would be a rust free 70 Cuda vert.  Includes front and rear seats, Rally dash with power top assembly, retractable top assembly, door panel, 71 Cuda fenders, rally hood, headlight buckets and grille.   The intentions of these parts was to convert the 70 to a 71.  This car has no motor or transmission so it's a great candidate for a HEMI tribute.   Includes all front suspension, k frame, power steering box, heater box, rally dash, and so on.  $25K takes it or I'd make a package deal on both cars.   Both priced to sell.     A 1975 440/727 engine and trans could be provided for an additional $1K

Text Bill at 724-612-5315 for pictures or give me a call to discuss.  Both have been stored in dry conditions since 1980 and 1984.  1970 came from Atlanta George and 1971 is a local PA car.

anlauto

I'd be all over that 71 in a heartbeat IF I had $32,500.... :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on November 26, 2017, 09:14:42 AM
I'd be all over that 71 in a heartbeat IF I had $32,500.... :drooling:

Hmmm Crusty 71 or a solid 70..... 

The 70 looks better, costs less & you don't have nearly as much rust to deal with....

Alan, you have got to get over your fixation for 71's...

anlauto

A 70 is yuck compared to the 71 and his asking prices reflect that :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

1 Wild R/T

Sorry no... 71 Cuda's  are the disco ball of E bodies... Flashy to the point of being gaudy... 70 is clean & mean, they couldn't improve on it so they started the disco era a little early....

anlauto

HP_Cuda

The 70 sounds more appealing to me and with some body work should turn out amazing.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Crocha617

I've been talking to this guy for several weeks. He's just got them priced too high still.

HP_Cuda

Chris - so what's the deal on the 70? Still have a bunch of unknowns?

You a buyer at 20?
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Crocha617

Quote from: HP_Cuda on November 26, 2017, 11:04:13 AM
Chris - so what's the deal on the 70? Still have a bunch of unknowns?

You a buyer at 20?

I really don't need another one.  I was more interested in the 71 Cuda but it was too much money for the condition it's in. The 70 is very clean but it wasn't clear what parts came with it until now. Looks like all 71 Cuda stuff. I would say $20k would be fair if most of the parts are there.

anlauto

A 1971 Cuda convertible at $20K regardless of condition is a no brainer......I think those days are looooong gone  :crying:

Crocha617

Quote from: anlauto on November 26, 2017, 01:08:35 PM
A 1971 Cuda convertible at $20K regardless of condition is a no brainer......I think those days are looooong gone  :crying:

I agree. I was talking about the 70 barracuda for $20k

Crocha617

I hear the 71 might be sold already.

anlauto

Quote from: Crocha617 on November 26, 2017, 03:20:52 PM
I hear the 71 might be sold already.

I wouldn't doubt it...$32500 is too rich for me, but "I iz po"

Rare car and they don't come up very often as projects, I hope it gets the correct restoration it deserves  :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

That 70 really sounds interesting, it would be a great cruiser if restored to original. The world has enough Hemi Cuda CLones I think.
Sheldon