Main Menu

Cool 440 4 speed plum crazy project on ebay

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, July 27, 2019, 06:22:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Wow..that is a great car to restore ! Good colour combination, great drivetrain options....Nice car .

I wonder what it will go for ?

Any opinions ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

Everything seems higher the last couple years. Maybe because the US economy has been doing so well?

That car looks like all the hard work is behind it. Probably a few missing items, especially if the owner died. No way a family member got every little box of parts he took off and hid in his shop.

I can see it going up to around 20k or so only because it's ebay and few people make the trip to inspect cars. Project cars of that magnitude aren't falling out of trees anymore. I would place it's true value in the high 20s for sure, assuming the current work is good, isn't missing much stuff, everything is numbers matching, etc.

What is a car like that worth after a quality restoration? High 50s?

RUNCHARGER

Cool project and you can redo whatever needs redoing at this stage. There's going to be a lot of $$$ to spend yet though. By the look of the floors it was a pretty good car to start with.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

That's a great project and will be a super cool car when it's done.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

If that was a V code, how much more would yal put the price at? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

$20k or so I bet and a lot of the 4 bbls ran just as strong. I actually prefer the 4 bbl cars.
Sheldon

anlauto

I don't think the quarters are welded on are they ? V code would sell faster and likely for more only because a lot more people like the allure of the "six pack"
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

xx88man

I would LOVE a FC7 U-code with a 4 speed.  :wowzers:
Keep yer foot in it

js27

70 Challenger Lover

It just hit $15k and the reserve is still on. I'm guessing he put the reserve at $20k. That's where I'd have it.

cuda hunter

So what's this car worth when fully restored? 

WCC

Quote from: cuda hunter on July 28, 2019, 08:42:03 PM

Slightly more than half your input cost.  :crying:

anlauto

Quote from: WCC on July 29, 2019, 04:17:33 AM
Quote from: cuda hunter on July 28, 2019, 08:42:03 PM

Slightly more than half your input cost.  :crying:

No truer words have been spoken :alan2cents: