Main Menu

Current Mecum auction

Started by blown motor, January 06, 2022, 12:02:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

Quote from: blown motor on January 14, 2022, 03:28:17 PM
70 TA, sublime, assumed not numbers matching, $75,000.

70 TA, panther pink, numbers matching, 1 of 12, $180,000
1 of 12 documented to exist? Where do they come up with these numbers?  :haha:  Last I heard Barry had documented quite a few, over 150 FM3 T/As.
I saw a yellow hemi cuda F102.1 run and sell for $115,000.  It's not shown in their listings, does anyone have info on it?  I assume it's a clone.
My gearhead coworker said he recognized the buyer as a local.  Maybe I'll see it around this summer.
Prices are bonkers.  Thank you everyone for not buying my '71 I pulled off the market last summer after advertising it for years.  :thankyou:

Cudamike

JH27N0B

That's it!  Wish there was a Mecum listing on it.
I can't believe a 383 roadrunner sold for 99K yesterday.  :rubeyes:
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0122-486988/1970-plymouth-road-runner/
2 mid to late 80s Grand Wagoners sold yesterday too, for 6 figures. One brought $158K!
Unreal  :Thud:

Brads70

Quote from: JH27N0B on January 14, 2022, 04:40:35 PM
That's it!  Wish there was a Mecum listing on it.
I can't believe a 383 roadrunner sold for 99K yesterday.  :rubeyes:
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0122-486988/1970-plymouth-road-runner/
2 mid to late 80s Grand Wagoners sold yesterday too, for 6 figures. One brought $158K!
Unreal  :Thud:

That RoadRunner to me is what dreams are made of! Wow what a sweet ride!  :drooling:

Ya those wagoneers... I don't get it either?  :looney:

anlauto

I'm glad to see the Mopar prices are pretty strong right across the board  :banana: :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on January 14, 2022, 05:11:58 PM
I'm glad to see the Mopar prices are pretty strong right across the board  :banana: :banana:

Ya but it almost feels/seems like something is " Off" somehow? Like , I'm asking myself  " what's wrong with this picture" kind of a thing?  Or like what am I missing here sort of a thing?
Glad I got my cars when I did, no way I could swing it now if this is the new normal for collector car market?

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on January 14, 2022, 05:16:05 PM
Quote from: anlauto on January 14, 2022, 05:11:58 PM

Ya but it almost feels/seems like something is " Off" somehow? Like , I'm asking myself  " what's wrong with this picture" kind of a thing?  Or like what am I missing here sort of a thing?
Glad I got my cars when I did, no way I could swing it now if this is the new normal for collector car market?

There are some head scratchers for sure like 80's & 90's pick up trucks ? There was an AMC Spirit AMX yesterday that went for big bucks as well as one of those Eagle wagons ???? :crazytalk:

...but over all...high prices are always good for the hobby, unless of course you're trying to buy a car... :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

6bblgt

Quote from: RzeroB on January 14, 2022, 03:04:43 PM
Quote from: anlauto on January 14, 2022, 12:57:43 PM
$2.1 MILLION....reserve not met  :'(
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0122-498359/1970-plymouth-hemi-cuda-convertible/

Two and a half years ago it sold at Mecum Indy (2019) for $1.85M but the deal later fell through. Now it's "reserve not met" at $2.1M??  :bigmoney:  Peter must of (MUST'VE or MUST HAVE) adjusted his reserve for ... inflation??  :notsure:

does it still belong to Peter?  it was listed as part of the "Shelton" collection along with other prior unsuccessful Mecum auction cars   :thinking:

6bblgt

Quote from: JH27N0B on January 14, 2022, 03:44:18 PM
Prices are bonkers.  Thank you everyone for not buying my '71 I pulled off the market last summer after advertising it for years.  :thankyou:

:huh:  as long as the market stays up & it's not a $35K car when you do decide to sell it  :dunno:

anlauto

Quote from: 6bblgt on January 14, 2022, 06:14:22 PM
Quote from: RzeroB on January 14, 2022, 03:04:43 PM
Quote from: anlauto on January 14, 2022, 12:57:43 PM
$2.1 MILLION....reserve not met  :'(
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0122-498359/1970-plymouth-hemi-cuda-convertible/

Two and a half years ago it sold at Mecum Indy (2019) for $1.85M but the deal later fell through. Now it's "reserve not met" at $2.1M??  :bigmoney:  Peter must of (MUST'VE or MUST HAVE) adjusted his reserve for ... inflation??  :notsure:

does it still belong to Peter?  it was listed as part of the "Shelton" collection along with other prior unsuccessful Mecum auction cars   :thinking:

I was wondering that too...I talked to Peter not long ago and he was telling me the "No sale" story after it sold last time...I wouldn't doubt if he made a deal after the sale, I recall him saying something about the second highest bidder :thinking:

mrwfp

I saw the '70 yellow hemi 'Cuda sell too and wondered why the price was so low.  I recorded the show and played it back several times to try to see exactly what it was being presented as.  I thought it might be a clone but the announcers always point that out when a clone is presented.  In fact, they announced that this was one of 368 hemi 'Cudas with the venerable auto transmission.  I don't think they would have said that and quoted the number of autos if this was a clone.  I am wondering if there was something funny going on with this car as it has a lot number of 102.1, which indicates that it was a late addition and the car did not show up in the results online late last night.  It seems to have disappeared.
1970 Plymouth 'Cuda 426 hemi (InViolet)
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat (Go Mango)
1995 Dodge Caravan
2019 Dodge Durango

MKA

Quote from: mrwfp on January 15, 2022, 08:55:05 AM
I saw the '70 yellow hemi 'Cuda sell too and wondered why the price was so low.  I recorded the show and played it back several times to try to see exactly what it was being presented as.  I thought it might be a clone but the announcers always point that out when a clone is presented.  In fact, they announced that this was one of 368 hemi 'Cudas with the venerable auto transmission.  I don't think they would have said that and quoted the number of autos if this was a clone.  I am wondering if there was something funny going on with this car as it has a lot number of 102.1, which indicates that it was a late addition and the car did not show up in the results online late last night.  It seems to have disappeared.

There is a whole lot of back and forth on Facebook Mopar fender tags club that the car has a fake fender tag and engine stamping and the buyer swearing he got a steal.      Being Facebook who knows but as always buyer beware. 

anlauto

SMOKIN DEAL on  71 cuda convertible....no idea why so cheap...$88K https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0122-487628/1971-plymouth-barracuda-convertible/   maybe it was a hardtop or something ? :huh:

anlauto

I wanted to see what that purple restomod Challenger would go for because it has the same driveline and suspension as my Cuda will have, but unfortunately the Challenger was too ugly to get any serious bids.....

Was only bid to $110K but reserve NOT met :dunno: That's what happens when you modify a car to personally to suit your own tastes  :thumbdown:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0122-487865/1970-dodge-challenger-convertible/

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on January 15, 2022, 04:32:42 PM
I wanted to see what that purple restomod Challenger would go for because it has the same driveline and suspension as my Cuda will have, but unfortunately the Challenger was too ugly to get any serious bids.....

Was only bid to $110K but reserve NOT met :dunno: That's what happens when you modify a car to personally to suit your own tastes  :thumbdown:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0122-487865/1970-dodge-challenger-convertible/

Likely that repop warped bumper killed it!  :pullinghair: :rofl:
Ya that rad/battery cover is pretty sad! Amongst other things...