Main Menu

WANTED: 1970 barracuda with M46 option

Started by cuda hunter, February 01, 2017, 08:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Cuda Cody

@Blake@diyhemi.com  you can find them here.  As I find better copies I'll scan at higher res and add them.

http://www.e-bodies.org/resources/service-manuals-parts-catalogs-tsb/

Look for "Stripe Paint M46 Barracuda 1970"

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on February 02, 2017, 04:15:17 AM
Quote from: screamindriver on February 01, 2017, 06:58:22 PM
Here's the factory engineering drawing on paint application for the M46 option...
Where are you guys getting the engineering drawings? I would love to enlarge a few to hang in my office/ shop [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cataclysm80

If I remember correctly, the M46 option also included a particular style of tail panel paint.
There's another engineering drawing for that.

UPDATE:  Yep, you have it already.  It's the drawing labeled as "Black Out Tail Panel Cuda". 
This drawing isn't just for the "S" model 'Cudas.  It also covers "H" model Barracudas & "P" model Gran Coupes.
Under each side of the drawing, there is a listing for S, H, & P, with M88 molding or M46 scoops.

It would have been really nice if M88 wasn't the code for BOTH styles of tail panel molding!  It's caused a lot of confusion over the years.
There's a 1971 car that has both styles of M88 installed.

cataclysm80

Cuda Cody

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: cataclysm80 on February 02, 2017, 10:27:22 AM
Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on February 02, 2017, 09:15:43 AM
I spy M46 scoops in this eBay listing. https://www.ebay.com/itm/112284710912

That just looks like overhead console dome light parts to me.

Look to the upper portions of the pictures and you will see parts of scoops. It's hard to notice at first, but Cody's picture shows them

1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

cataclysm80

Thanks, for pointing it out, I totally missed that!

I don't think they're M46 scoops though.   The ones in that auction look to rounded.  Maybe they're 69 coronet hood scoops or something?

Have another look at an M46 scoop here.  pretty square corners, shaped to fit the quarter in front of the wheel.
I think someone told me they were metal with an elastomeric coating like the bumpers.  (I think reproductions would have been plastic if they were ever made.)

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: cataclysm80 on February 02, 2017, 10:37:44 AM
Thanks, for pointing it out, I totally missed that!

I don't think they're M46 scoops though.   The ones in that auction look to rounded.  Maybe they're 69 coronet hood scoops or something?

Have another look at an M46 scoop here.  pretty square corners, shaped to fit the quarter in front of the wheel.
I think someone told me they were metal with an elastomeric coating like the bumpers.  (I think reproductions would have been plastic if they were ever made.)

Hmm, you may be correct, sir

1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on February 02, 2017, 09:15:43 AM
I spy M46 scoops in this eBay listing. https://www.ebay.com/itm/112284710912

Good eye, but maybe they are the A Body or B Body hood scoops?  I see a line on the edge for the chrome trim edge???? :dunno:

the_cuda_guy

Moparal's M46 car I think was a 383 4sp car, and was very affordable when he sold it.  At one point I think this car was deemed the closest for accuracy on a M46 restored car.
Member Since 29 January 2017

ChallengerHK

Bart had made M46 scoops for his car. They looked great, but I don't know if he worked off originals, or blueprints, or just eyeballed it.

Culvers

Cuda Cody

:unbelievable:  Some of the best photos of M46 I've seen yet!!!!

HP_Cuda

Why does it look like the scoop is attached with screws?
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

Scott Smith of Harms has shared a bunch of cool photos on our E-Bodies Facebook site.  There's a big thread over there about M46's right now @cuda hunter  should take a look.