Main Menu

What will it sell for? UPDATE

Started by blown motor, May 11, 2021, 04:02:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Got an email on this today. I can post a link when the online catalog comes out in a few days.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

anlauto

Yea, likely $175K -$180K.....and to think I sold mine in 1999 for $40K :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

docmel

Lets make the math easy.   Lets say it sold for 200K   Considering the 10% commish thats charged, BOTH ways  (Seller and buyer), 20K of that goes to the auction site.   Myself, the big auction sites are the best /worse thing that has happened to the "hobby" 

Its a biz, I get it

anlauto

I didn't realize this was a Canadian Auction....price in CDN dollars will likely be over $200K but it likely won't meet reserve because nobody in Canada has any money.. :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Marty

For what it's worth, a friend of mine sold his Suprtbird for $175k at a show we attended two weekends ago. 440/Four barrel.

dhh

Quote from: docmel on May 12, 2021, 06:13:51 AM
Lets make the math easy.   Lets say it sold for 200K   Considering the 10% commish thats charged, BOTH ways  (Seller and buyer), 20K of that goes to the auction site.   Myself, the big auction sites are the best /worse thing that has happened to the "hobby" 

Its a biz, I get it
Agreed, I'd much rather buy from a private seller and avoid those fees.

Brads70

More than I currently have to spend, but good thing it's not black or Murray just might have it!  :D

blown motor

blown motor

Two more Superbirds have shown up at this auctions. It's not a huge auctions and seems odd to have three Superbirds. There also a couple Cudas, one of them an original Hemi Cuda.

https://ccpauctions.hibid.com/catalog/281975/toronto-spring-classic-car-auction-2021/

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on May 21, 2021, 08:42:56 AM
Two more Superbirds have shown up at this auctions. It's not a huge auctions and seems odd to have three Superbirds. There also a couple Cudas, one of them an original Hemi Cuda.

https://ccpauctions.hibid.com/catalog/281975/toronto-spring-classic-car-auction-2021/

Looks like one collector in Winnipeg Manitoba selling off his Mopars... :dunno:

RUNCHARGER

I much prefer the Hemi Cuda. I almost think a person would be a fool not to try to capitalize on this market today (at least to see if the market is real I suppose).
Sheldon

blown motor

Quote from: blown motor on May 21, 2021, 08:42:56 AM

Interesting point Alan. The 440 Cuda and the Coronet R/T both come from the same location in Quebec. Maybe more than one person with the same idea.

1972V21Cuda

Depends on the shop that restored it, documentation, etc. It's really all about the nitty gritty details that should drive the price, not "I have to win this auction".

blown motor

The blue 440-4 Superbird currently has no bid. The green 440-6 is at $100K and the yellow Hemi is at $200K. No bids yet on the two Cudas.