Main Menu

1970 Challenger TA Planning Letter from May of '69

Started by Cuda Cody, February 20, 2017, 10:39:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

This is the Planning Letter from May of 1969.  How cool would it have been to get a 440+ or Hemi in a TA!!!!  That was the original plan.   :drooling:  Thanks Ed Poplawski for sharing.   :twothumbsup:

Click photo to enlarge.

soundcontrol

Wow! Very interesting. I wonder why it didn't happen...

Brads70

Cool stuff!
I wonder what a "Westiake" cylinder head is?

6bblgt

I'm sure the SCCA required 4,000 plus (Dodge & Plymouth) units had major effects on how "crazy" (& expensive) the final approved production version was.

Dan Gurney & Weslake heads were associated in the '60s & worked on a Mopar small block V8 Indy engine in the late '60s - I'm sure a variation of this head was desired to go Trans Am racing, but the thought of putting 5000 pair in street cars would've been cost prohibitive

ec_co

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

6bblgt

ec_co

I know you are right, but the letter clearly has a T in it for Westlake. someone at Chrysler typed it out wrong
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Brads70

Chryco Psycho

Love this site for bringing / sharing this kind of info  :cooldance:

Cuda Cody

Did you guys see that they were original planning a Vacuum Powered Articulating Rear Wing!  That the driver can activate from the RimBlow steering wheel.  How cool would that have been.   :lookatthat:  Someone should build a T/A based on the original plans.   :cooldance:

Chryco Psycho

So when do we start & where to get the Westlake heads !!  :veryexcited:

RUNCHARGER

As many special parts as those cars had it is hard to believe Chrysler severely watered down the initial concept!
Sheldon

Brads70

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 20, 2017, 08:21:41 PM
So when do we start & where to get the Westlake heads !!  :veryexcited:

LOL I was just wondering how much unobtainium those heads were made of..... :)

Brads70

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 20, 2017, 08:19:38 PM
Did you guys see that they were original planning a Vacuum Powered Articulating Rear Wing!  That the driver can activate from the RimBlow steering wheel.  How cool would that have been.   :lookatthat:  Someone should build a T/A based on the original plans.   :cooldance:

That would be so cool to see! Better than a 4 door....... never mind.  :stop: