Main Menu

26 inch radiator

Started by mopar jack, February 11, 2018, 06:56:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Marc70challenger

Quote from: HP_Cuda on February 12, 2018, 09:30:23 AM

Bought a 26' 4-row Champion awhile back and it runs ice cold.

I guess if I sat on a big meaty burnout for about 1/2 hour it might start getting warm.

:rofl:

:iagree:  always had good luck with Champion.

Husk Challenger

Hey guys,

About Champion radiators, how do you chose the hose reference?
I would like to change my superior hose for something looking original and not flexible, but i am a bit lost with the rockauto list....

Thanks.

Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

JS29

Some where I have A radiator hose for A 26 inch rad, ordered wrong from year one. if interested let me know.       Mark.

Husk Challenger

Thanks for the offer Mark but i have an order at rockauto and i would prefer combien shippment... otherwise the shipping cost to Europe will kill thr deal.  :bricks:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Husk Challenger on February 14, 2018, 06:36:38 AM
Hey guys,

I would like to change my superior hose for something looking original and not flexible, but i am a bit lost with the rockauto list....

Thanks.

Order the 20630

Husk Challenger

1 Wild R/T

No problem, happy to help..

HP_Cuda

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on February 14, 2018, 09:30:46 AM
Quote from: Husk Challenger on February 14, 2018, 06:36:38 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks.

Order the 20630

:iagree: its what I used
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

realn96

Quote from: mopar jack on February 11, 2018, 06:56:26 PM
I think I am finally going to replace my 22 inch rad with a 26. I have the support piece adapter but don't want to tear into it that far. Thought I would cut and weld just the flange part on the pass side to widen the opening. What have you guys done to install a larger rad? Also did the drivers side mounting get moved? I am not dealing with an original car here so open to any mods. Thanks.

Too bad your so far away from me. I have a 26"radiator from Roseville "Dave" that I don't think i'll  be using. .never even opened the box!

mopar jack

Shipping would hurt. I'll eventually order local and try to save on shipping.
I ended up getting my 22 inch rad tanked/cleaned and flow checked. I'ts good to go for another year. That should give me time to cr.p or get off the pot and finally upgrade to a larger system. Thanks.

Guscuda

I put a 26" us radiator in mine about 5 yrs ago, looks stock and does a good job

mopar jack

Guscuda how many rows did the core have and did it have brackets to mount a shroud? Thanks.

B5fourspeed

When you a replacement radiator make sure it says Oem replacement.That means it will bolt up exactly like an original radiator and the shroud will bolt to the radiator correctly.I have done 2 of the 26 inch radiator conversion kits.

Guscuda

My 26 inch us radiator is a three core, and if I remember correctly it did not come with any mounts. I just used my existing mounts, it did require a little "coaxing" though.

Shoooter

I believe you can make a c body one fit with alittle bit of work if you have one kicking around