Main Menu

A Big Thanks To Barry Washington

Started by floorit426, May 01, 2019, 07:55:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

floorit426

For the last ten years, I've been trying to locate my Wife's old T/A. We sold it, shortly after we got married, in the early eighties. A few years back, I traded emails with Barry. He said if I didn't mind, he would share my email info with a few, in his registry, that matched the description. Well, the other day, I received an email, from the current owner. The car has had two color changes, since I last saw it, but it appears to be in great shape and in very good hands. The car no longer is in California, either. When we sold it, it was in okay shape, but tired, so I wasn't sure if it survived.

Thanks, to Barry, for all he does, for the hobby. I also want to note the discretion he uses, with the information that he has accumulated.

FlatlandTA

[emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 Wild R/T

There are a few here who don't care for him, I however truly appreciate all his efforts... He provides a great service to the community..

RUNCHARGER

I think Barry does a great service.
Sheldon

J-Code Jeni

That's wonderful!  :twothumbsup:  Glad to hear the car is in good hands too!

Cuda Cody

Topcat

Good news Bill.

Any pics of it when she had it back then?

750-h2

Congrats on locating your wife's T/A. Barry has also helped me out in the past. :twothumbsup:

floorit426

Okay, her goes, I'm not real adept at posting pics...

When she had the car, it was a worn out FK5, Gator Grain, T/A. We did not like the comb, at all, but we do, now. Apparently, we weren't alone, as the current owner purchased it as a red car, and painted it gomango. We reinstalled the six pack, proper hood, and rallies, before selling it.

Cuda Cody

:veryexcited:  That's super cool!!!!   :banana:   :clapping:

340challconvert

Barry Washington is a stand-up guy who is always willing to help out others.
It is a tremendous amount to work to facilitate and maintain the web-site, collected items and data that he collects.
:bradsthumb:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

BIGSHCLUNK

Very cool ! You know I've seen a few negative things on Barry on a few forums. Now I have not had a reason to communicate w him in a long time. But he was very helpful to me some years back.  :slapme5:

1 Wild R/T

Barry is a first class guy... Some folks don't like that he holds info close to the chest.... His belief is by keeping knowledge in a smaller group of people it's harder for the crooks to get that info.... And considering how much fraud has been perpetrated in the car hobby he clearly has a point...

On the other side there are allot of honest people trying to put these cars back together from a limited pool of projects....  Yes there are still virgin barn finds to be had but its allot rarer these days than it was in the past....

Can't please everyone & Barry has chosen his path, I respect that, far to many folks talk about integrity while piecing together/rebodying cars behind closed doors....

wingcarenvy

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 04, 2019, 08:21:55 PM
Barry is a first class guy... Some folks don't like that he holds info close to the chest.... His belief is by keeping knowledge in a smaller group of people it's harder for the crooks to get that info.... And considering how much fraud has been perpetrated in the car hobby he clearly has a point...

On the other side there are allot of honest people trying to put these cars back together from a limited pool of projects....  Yes there are still virgin barn finds to be had but its allot rarer these days than it was in the past....

Can't please everyone & Barry has chosen his path, I respect that, far to many folks talk about integrity while piecing together/rebodying cars behind closed doors....

Well said.

Topcat

@floorit426

We hung out yesterday and they both shared some pictures with me.

Here's the pic of your wife drag racing against the AAR at Fremont raceway.    :cheers: