Main Menu

A66 Challenger Registry

Started by 340challconvert, February 09, 2020, 08:14:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

340challconvert

Quote from: erik70rt on February 12, 2020, 07:31:34 PM
Here's a pic of the tags.  This was my car in high school.   Literally broke apart from the rust.  Wish I still had it.

Erik
Thank you for posting your tags. I have added the information to the A66 Registry. I decoded your tag for the registry records. That was a nice car you had with the 4 speed in plum crazy

The applications are now available on a new website; http://www.a66challenger.com/ set up by Ben Lavigne who runs the A66 forum on Facebook.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

340challconvert

jeff968

Cool idea and good luck.

Although I have owned many e-bodies my first was an A66 convertible back in June of 1978. I'll send you the info I have on this car and the other A66 coupe I owned. The EV2 car had the decal engine callouts.

340challconvert

Quote from: jeff968 on March 03, 2020, 10:41:59 AM
Cool idea and good luck.

Although I have owned many e-bodies my first was an A66 convertible back in June of 1978. I'll send you the info I have on this car and the other A66 coupe I owned. The EV2 car had the decal engine callouts.

Jeff, thanks for the response; it would be great to add your data to the developing A66 Challenger Registry. You had an early car; the metal call outs were not available until November. My October 6th build still has the decals on the hood

I keep a spread sheet with option codes listed so I can track the number of certain options that were on the tag/build sheet. I also keep an individual electronic file for each car registered with any pertinent information owners can provide.
Would love to get an idea as to how many actually remain out there.
Looking forward to your information
You may also want to check out the Challenger A66 Group on Facebook. Ben Lavigne who is one of the administrators there hosts the website and also has the Registration Form available.
Thanks again
Phil (340challconvert)

Mark_B

Hi Phil,
I've sent you an email.  Happy to put my A66 on the registry.

340challconvert

A thank you to Ben Lavigne for forwarding A66 data including tags to be added to the A66 Challenger Registry Information.

A sample of information coming into the registry w unknown ownership:

A66 Challenger JH23H0B
340 engine
3 sp transmission (1st standard 3 sp on file)
FE5 w a black interior, black v top and a white bumble stripe.
October 28 Build Date
Car was ordered with dual racing mirrors, hood pins w the performance hood treatment!
Sounds like a stunning looking car

As always A66 Owners; consider registering your car.
Thank you
Phil

340challconvert

A66 Barn Find up for sale on eBay

Originally automatic, converted to 4sp
Original drivetrain comes w car
Body/frame look decent?
Currently bid to $3150
Looks to be FK5 with an Orange Bumble Stripe
:takemymoney:

Happy Hunting A66 Fans

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Challenger/193371138934?hash=item2d05d16b76:g:2-IAAOSwEaReYazH

198D13

Please check your email and reply in a timely manner. I have or know of several of these cars.

340challconvert

I thank you for responding and am very interested in any A66 data that you may have.
Been a busy 3 weeks since I initiated an A66 Registry, so I appreciate your interest and your patience.  I am getting registration information from several sources, including here, also on FEBO, and on the A66 Challenger group on Facebook. 

Response has been great.  I take each car and list on a spreadsheet and additionally create an electronic file for each car submitted.  The spreadsheet breaks down options by code so that I can track how many registered cars have specific options.
Anyway looking forward to any data you may have and thanks again
Phil

340challconvert

For any A66 aficionado,  :banana:
I found a low mileage, original A66 Convertible in Y-1, automatic with a build sheet and tags; all matching. I spoke with Randy; he has several A66 Challengers and is a real A66 fan, along with other Mopars
Hard to find one with mileage in the 30's.  For Sale information; Contact Randy 1-602-206-3509

340challconvert

This car is like a time capsule;  blackout treatment on cowl, original polyglass tires on 15" rallyes, interior looks mint, early door panels w/o wood grain

340challconvert

Thanks to DetMatt who submitted pics of this A66 Challenger to the Registry; a friends car from back in the 80's. A burnt orange car w a white bumble, an automatic, with 15"wheels and AC

340challconvert

Found an interesting video of a 1970 A66 Challenger in hemi-orange and black bumble stripe. Anyone know this car? Posted February 2012

https://youtu.be/Zh1mrrqq3As

A-66
Registry

340challconvert

340challconvert

Continuing to highlight examples of A-66 challengers listed in the A-66 Registry

This A66 convertible beauty was sold in March, last year; White interior, 4sp, 3:55 gears w rallye dash in stunning condition.