Main Menu

ABC Dash Pads - Are they the same as Year One?

Started by CudaA39, February 05, 2021, 12:19:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RacerX

Quote from: Marty on February 06, 2021, 08:09:36 PM
Al Knoch.

They are the #1 choice of interiors in the Corvette restoration business. High quality and period correct. If they're making your dash pad, it should be one nice part.  :bigthumb:

Ok now that is interesting...    I wonder if they can be contacted directly for orders.
Nice to eliminate middlemen and since I am in Texas I can drop off/pick up which is very
attractive versus shipping these large items back and forth.

Their website is a bit sparse on info but they do list some mopar stuff, with "add to cart"

I may try to call them for grins and giggles on Monday....

antonellomopar

On their web catalog, they don't show anything Mopar related. Only GM stuff. They have a very nice reputation

Marty

Year One is most likely just outsourcing their dash pads to Al Knoch since they already have the equipment to make interior soft goods with no plans in getting in the Mopar retail. Al Knoch has been in business for decades. Just speculation. :dunno:

broughj

My pad that I got last summer from ABC had the Year One raised logo.  It looked decent, so I did not question it.  However, the raised logo in the VIN recess did cause some problems.  When I riveted my VIN, the raised logo held the center area of the VIN tag up and when the rivets were tightened, it bent the tag down on the ends and looked like crap.  I removed the rivets and tag, cut the logo and thin layer of padding out of the recessed area and reattached the tag.  It looks better now, but far from original.  The VIN area on my original pad was covered with the vinyl, but had no foam under it.  The ABC pad has a thin layer of foam, which keeps the tag from laying down like it did on the original pad.  I looked for some pictures to help show the issue, but either did not take any or cannot find them.

RacerX

Yeya93

Yes! Alnoch interiors is where my dashpad shipped from! And bought from abcmoparts.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Jocigar

Quote from: anlauto on February 06, 2021, 06:39:49 AM
I agree, who cares if it says YearOne under the VIN, as long as the pad looks good.  :bigthumb:

I have a new pad on the way here right now from Dash Pad Pros....based out of....you guessed it....El Paso Texas... :banana:

I don't think ABC Moparts does them in house anyways, didn't we find that out in another thread somewhere ? :thinking:

Alan,  please keep me posted on form and fit.  thanks!

I wish more members would provide reviews as they receive the pads from different sources.   maybe I am making a bigger deal out of this that it needs to be, but with all the interwoven names I cant make heads or tail out of a good source.    The only dash I physically saw was at carlisle it was a year one and I was very unimpressed when compared to original.

anlauto

Tracking has mine showing up tomorrow, but from experience, I can tell you...with this Covid stuff, tracking has not been very accurate.  :headbang:

When it shows up I can post pictures of certain areas or answer any questions you might have. :takepicture:  The one I have coming is a 71-71 single speaker non-AC. I find the quality of them pretty good, they don't have any detail stitching like the 70 Challengers do.  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

R/T's 4 R/P

70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

anlauto

Quote from: R/T's 4 R/P on February 07, 2021, 09:17:50 AM
No 70 Challenger pads??

If you're asking me, I've only used one of their 1970 Challenger Pads that I can think of.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

CudaA39

Quote from: broughj on February 07, 2021, 03:44:54 AM
My pad that I got last summer from ABC had the Year One raised logo.  It looked decent, so I did not question it.  However, the raised logo in the VIN recess did cause some problems.  When I riveted my VIN, the raised logo held the center area of the VIN tag up and when the rivets were tightened, it bent the tag down on the ends and looked like crap.  I removed the rivets and tag, cut the logo and thin layer of padding out of the recessed area and reattached the tag.  It looks better now, but far from original.  The VIN area on my original pad was covered with the vinyl, but had no foam under it.  The ABC pad has a thin layer of foam, which keeps the tag from laying down like it did on the original pad.  I looked for some pictures to help show the issue, but either did not take any or cannot find them.

Thank you for sharing this info as it was also something I suspected may cause an issue.  Wouldn't be too bad if two $.01 vin tag rivets cost $29.
Check out my 71 Gen3 build:

https://youtu.be/XSDAWczXoZw

2015 Tri-State Stock/Superstock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Weekend Sunday Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar Weekend Friday No Box Winner and 11.50 R/U

ec_co

Quote from: antonellomopar on February 07, 2021, 12:42:23 AM
On their web catalog, they don't show anything Mopar related. Only GM stuff. They have a very nice reputation

Year One probably has an exclusive contract with them, so they won't sell via retail channels, only to Year One. M&H has a similar exclusive deal with YO on wiring harnesses - you cannot buy an M&H wiring harness from anyone except YO (an exception was made for me on my e-body slant 6 engine harness - YO doesn't want to stock them, so I was able to get M&H to make 2 for me ... not cheap ).
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

anlauto

Quote from: ec_co on February 08, 2021, 12:52:43 PM
Quote from: antonellomopar on February 07, 2021, 12:42:23 AM

Year One probably has an exclusive contract with them, so they won't sell via retail channels, only to Year One. M&H has a similar exclusive deal with YO on wiring harnesses - you cannot buy an M&H wiring harness from anyone except YO (an exception was made for me on my e-body slant 6 engine harness - YO doesn't want to stock them, so I was able to get M&H to make 2 for me ... not cheap ).

Sorry for the heads up ...but Jamie at Mega Parts sells M&H wiring harnesses as well :alan2cents:

ec_co

didn't realize that, M&H indicated YO was the only authorized supplier when I called them. either way it still holds true, contracts keep us pleebs from buying factory direct.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

anlauto

Jamie may very well get them from YearOne, I don't know, but I know he sells them...Roseville Moparts sells them, National Moparts here in Canada sells them too unless someone else manufactures the E Body dash harness ?