Main Menu

Anyone Know of these Dash Pads on Ebay

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, August 27, 2022, 01:02:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

Has anyone had any experience with this seller on Ebay?  I believe these are the same ones sold by Dash Pad Pros out of El Paso.  With long lead times all over I was thinking about giving them a try.  I have read the threads re: these, just wondering if anyone had any dealings with them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295166670418?hash=item44b94df652:g:1S8AAOSw-yli~s57
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

RUNCHARGER

My opinion on E-body dash pads is that not all of them fit well no matter who you buy it from. So I think it is more important to deal with a good vendor that you have a relationship with so if there is a problem they will help work with you to rectify it.
I worked at a Hot Rod shop that dealt with AMD sheetmetal. Not all of it came in perfect but the owner of the shop made everyone happy no matter what with the AMD. After that my son bought a 68 Charger and a bunch of AMD sheetmetal from a different vendor but a Mopar guy. When I called him with a problem with an AMD door he told me to live with it. I knew that AMD would have made it right from my experience with the shop I worked for. Needless to say the local Mopar vendor isn't  going to retire off me and my son's business and we'll buy from my old boss even though he's more GM based.
Sheldon

B5fourspeed

If you look up the feedback from that ebay listing no feedback talks about dashes

Katfish

Ships from El Paso Texas, I'm guessing that is Ultimate or 1 of the other 5 names they go by.
Run Forest run...............
Terrible vendor

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: Katfish on August 27, 2022, 04:03:08 PM
Ships from El Paso Texas, I'm guessing that is Ultimate or 1 of the other 5 names they go by.
Terrible vendor

But they seem to be the only game in town these days.

70_440-6Cuda

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on August 27, 2022, 07:40:11 PM
Quote from: Katfish on August 27, 2022, 04:03:08 PM
Terrible vendor

But they seem to be the only game in town these days.

My thoughts exactly.... A rare instance of something in stock
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 27, 2022, 02:42:30 PM
My opinion on E-body dash pads is that not all of them fit well no matter who you buy it from. So I think it is more important to deal with a good vendor that you have a relationship with so if there is a problem they will help work with you to rectify it.
I worked at a Hot Rod shop that dealt with AMD sheetmetal. Not all of it came in perfect but the owner of the shop made everyone happy no matter what with the AMD. After that my son bought a 68 Charger and a bunch of AMD sheetmetal from a different vendor but a Mopar guy. When I called him with a problem with an AMD door he told me to live with it. I knew that AMD would have made it right from my experience with the shop I worked for. Needless to say the local Mopar vendor isn't  going to retire off me and my son's business and we'll buy from my old boss even though he's more GM based.

I get this, but how many of us are located near vendors that have E-body dash pads in stock?  If you need to have it shipped you'll pay around $200 in shipping for the first one (probably twice that price for shipping to Canada) and then who is going to eat the next $400 in shipping to return the poor fitting dash pad and ship the replacement (if one is even available).

I spoke to a vendor a few months back that is carrying pads from Dash Pad Pros.  He said that ABC Moparts is still dealing with manufacturing issues.  I've been warming up to the idea of just living with my cracked dash.

JH27N0B

It's a shame there are only 2 (?) businesses doing dash restorations and neither is great.
Get one from El Paso under one of the many names they've used, or Just Dashes.
I've used both.  My Ultimate Rides needed trimming and a few other things like wrong grain vinyl.
My Just Dashes took longer than expected even though this was 5 years ago before everything went haywire, it cost far more than an El Paso restored dash, was puffy, and wrong grain too.
The guy I had working on my car said he'd used Just Dashes before and thought the ones he'd seen 10+ years earlier were better than what mine was like.
What ever happened with ABC Moparts dashes, are they any good or just selling El Paso product too?

69BFan

I spoke to Bob with ABC Moparts two weeks ago concerning some other dash pads that he is doing for us.  He told me that he is still at least four months behind in getting the E-Body dash pads out the door.  He said with the amount of orders he got from Carlisle, that has put him behind and the fact that like everyone else, supply issues are still an issue on the vinyl and foam.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

70_440-6Cuda

Hey all, just wanted to give an update - I did do not want to wait months so I contacted the seller on eBay directly that had the dash I need.  I sent my phone # and a gal who was very helpful called me back Saturday and I took a gamble and ordered a single speaker no AC dash from "Dash Pad Pros".  I am happy to report I paid on Saturday, received my tracking today and should have my dash pad by this coming Friday.  I will post some photos when it arrives and see what the feedback from the group is - I know there has been much discussion around the dash pads from El Paso - just seems like no one else will have anything anytime soon and it is still a crap shoot on quality.  Plus I got a huge discount compared to the eBay ad - PM me if you want specifics.

Filthy Filbert

Looking forward to seeing the product and finished/installed end result.    I know a lot of guys get picky about the particular grain of vinyl on dashes, seats, door panels, etc.   but I could care less if it looks original or not.  I want something that fits well enough -- like factory or better, and looks good.  If you laid out 2 samples of vinyl in front of me, I couldn't tell you which one was the original factory grain, and which one wasn't.

B5fourspeed

Are you sending in your core?How much was the core charge?

70_440-6Cuda

Quote from: B5fourspeed on August 31, 2022, 07:10:21 AM
Are you sending in your core?How much was the core charge?

Core charge was $200; am thinking of keeping mine until I have the new one installed and see what options are available in Van Nuys this Fall . 

Also, I don't think I mentioned I purchased the steel core dash.

Katfish

B5fourspeed

Does your tracking number say in transit when you track it?